What's new

Package arrived!

Should have been here friday, but no matter. Got me a slant bar and some cella. First experience with either of these and oh my word... The lather surpassed anything I had previously experienced from Taylor, Trumper, Mama Bear, Proraso and a couple others. The slant cut me up a bit, but I could tell after each pass which ones I had done right, and which I messed up. A few cuts, but nothing the styptic can't handle. The passes that went well, went very very well indeed.

My only regret is that until recently I kept a goatee, but shaved it all off the other day in a moment of madness. Now I'm growing it back, and my cheeks with it, so I don't just look like someone who missed a few spots. So the only thing I could shave was my neck. Tricky, but a pretty good result. Can't wait to see what these things do to my cheeks...

So to all you who kept blathering about slants and cella, blather away! :thumbup:

Cella is in the top bracket of soaps for lather quality (Tabac, Cella, AoS), I'm on my 14th successive day using it and couldn't be happier with it. The Almond Extract scent has even become something I enjoy (perhaps via association with superior lather). THe Slant is another wetshaving 'must-try' - good scores :thumbup1:

Astra. After my blade sampler adventures I settled on Wilkinson Swords and Astras. I can get the Wilkinsons not far from home, and I bought 50 Astras when I got the Cella and Slant.

slants will bite but once you get the hang of it they you give very close shaves just keep at it love my slant :thumbup1:

Top Bottom