What's new

My first PIF - for a Canadian Newbie

Hello all, after benefiting from the generosity of others on this site, and also now that I have been wetshaving for a while now, I find I have things I'm not using and I would like to pass some of these on to someone else who is just starting out.

So I have a older Gillette 3 piece, some sort of Tech I think, (previously piffed from another B and B member) and a synthetic brush from the Body Shop that I bought a while back. I will also throw in an assortment of blades.

To be eligible for this PIF, you need to be Canadian and have created an avatar on B and B, relatively new to wetshaving without amassing a lot of gear yet. I would like this to go to someone just starting out. If you would like to be enter post with "I'm Canadian, count me in" and tell me the significance of your avatar.

I will close the contest on March 25, 2011, sometime in the evening. I will get one of my kids to choose their favorite avatar. They are 4 and 6 years old, so that should be fun.

Good Luck!

I'm Canadian, count me in!

My avatar is a pic of Mr. T and Arnold Drummond (the late Gary Coleman) from the TV show "Diff'rent Strokes". In that episode, Arnold shaves his head (or wears a wig; I can't remember, it was sooo long ago), and dresses and talks like Mr.T, as he is impressionable and looks up to him.

Well, the shaving connection is obvious. But, as a newbie, I also feel somewhat impressionable at this stage of my involvement in this forum and wet shaving in general. I see myself as an older, hairier Arnold:001_rolle. And hopefully I can learn a thing or two from this more experienced group of Mr. T's here at B&B.

Thanks for this great opportunity! Being new, it would be nice to try out some different gear at he start to help me focus my interests and preferences.

Last edited:
One one entry so far, things are looking good for you Jason.

C'mon you new Canadian whtshavers, were are you?

This is kinda like how I "got" my last girlfriend. I strategically isolated her in a room at a party...

It actually wasn't as creepy as it sounds.

I sure do like those odds.

Hi there JDiv, I would be happy to include you, just need you to create an avatar for yourself and tell me why you chose that pic. You can do this in the user CP tab at the top of the page and go to profile picture.

Great PIF King Bongo, I've been at it too long to qualify, but I'm sure we have more that two Canadian Newbies.

I'm Canadian, count me in!

My avatar is my favourite lego, I found him when he was featured as a daily lego piece on some lego blog/site a few years back. I enjoy fiddling with lego when i'm not wet shaving :lol: I wonder if they have a lego razor? :lol:

Since my avatar disappeared :shrug: here is it so I don't get disqualified from this great PIF

Last edited:
iam canadian!!! but i dont have an avatar... u can count me out tho i have bad AD's so i've got a ton of stuff. I am guessing ur avatar is ur family crest?

After a long deliberation with my panel of judges, they have thought hard on this and it was a very close race for a few reasons.

Reason 1 - how can anything stand up to Mr. T and Gary Coleman in the same pic?
Reason 2 - Wendel!! My favorite hockey player and the judges are both already Leaf fans.
Reason 3 - Given the lego craze that has been going on in my house these days, you can imagine the excitement.

With the profile pictures all being great, the judges have decided that they like the lego man best. Are to beat with the excitement of our upcoming trip to "Legoland" tomorrow, really.

So without further ado, congratulations to Joe2k1, you are the winner of this PIF!
Thanks to those who participated.

Top Bottom