What's new

Can this razor be restored?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I just read this whole thread. That was amazing work. :thumbup: I am not sure I would have had the patience. Wow!!!

As a P.S., here is a proper if blurry "before" photo (from the auction), along with the "after" photo posted above. This really has become my favorite razor!

"Before"
full

"After"
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Viseguy, that is amazing work. I'm definitely inspired to take a shot at restoring my ball-end old type, assuming I ever get the time!

thats a sweet restore:thumbup:it just goes to show how well these old"vintage" razors were made.ive tried some new manufactured de's but you cant touch the quality of the old stuff.i say why pay the extra for these new razors when there are billions of good gillette's and shuch laying around.rad is good,ebay is waiting,then an excursion to the junj shops for more stuff:w00t:this is my goodwill,its a sweet shave

Last edited:
Viseguy, that is amazing work. I'm definitely inspired to take a shot at restoring my ball-end old type, assuming I ever get the time!
I recommend it -- very therapeutic. :thumbup1:

Wow! Amazing work! I have worked over a few pretty tough cookies but not with the rusted blade. Nice stuff indeed!
Very nice job! I always like bringing something back to life.
Great job, and a fine old piece.:thumbup1:
Thanks for all the kind words. And to think I was on the verge of tossing this razor -- before I started this thread! :biggrin1:

thats a sweet restore:thumbup:it just goes to show how well these old"vintage" razors were made. ... rad is good,ebay is waiting,then an excursion to the junj shops for more stuff:w00t:this is my goodwill,its a sweet shave
Thanks, eastomjac, your restore looks like a mighty nice razor! Hate to say it, but my new razors seem just a little boring compared to the old ones that have so much character.

Top Bottom