What's new

It's a curious thing; Truefitt and Hill Travel Brush

The other day I was considering pulling the trigger on a T&H travel brush. I'd researched this brush before and when a sale came up I was seriously considering buying the brush.

I still am, only I'm a little confused now so I put the buy off for a few days.

I'm an inveterate cross checker. I not only opened up several competitors pages for the same brush including Amazon, but I also opened up the Vulfix and T&H pages describing the brush.

That is when I noticed a curious thing. The price for the brush was cheaper on the T&H web page, substantially cheaper than it had been. Add in the BB11 discount and T&H's price is even cheaper than the sale price I was looking at. I noticed the same thing for the Carleton and Regency brushes in super badger.

I looked for a price drop announcement by T&H or a sale notice but found none.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Where was it that you were looking at the other brush? I guess that T&H buys quite a big supply of brushes so the bigger purchase probably translates down to cheaper prices, and then even cheaper with the discount.

P

Pjotr

The Truefitt and Hill turnback travel brush has got to be the one of the best around. It's only for the fact that all my other brushes are travel size that I couldn't justify buying one myself.

The other day I was considering pulling the trigger on a T&H travel brush. I'd researched this brush before and when a sale came up I was seriously considering buying the brush.

I still am, only I'm a little confused now so I put the buy off for a few days.

I'm an inveterate cross checker. I not only opened up several competitors pages for the same brush including Amazon, but I also opened up the Vulfix and T&H pages describing the brush.

That is when I noticed a curious thing. The price for the brush was cheaper on the T&H web page, substantially cheaper than it had been. Add in the BB11 discount and T&H's price is even cheaper than the sale price I was looking at. I noticed the same thing for the Carleton and Regency brushes in super badger.

I looked for a price drop announcement by T&H or a sale notice but found none.

Any thoughts?

Ted, I assume you are referring to the substantial price drop of some years ago? As far as I recall there was no announcement but it did occur during a time where the T&H brushes were discussed on the several forums at length. It was recognized and pointed out that at that time Vulfix made the vast majority of the T&H brushes including the turnback and that Vulfix was much cheaper. Why pay for the name was the question for most folks. A lot of the vendors monitor the forums even if they don't participate. I think what happened was T&H decided to get competitive, recognizing that we knew what the product was and where it could be had for less as an everyday price. The discounts are designed to ensure that we prefer them first over the other purveyors.

My bias is that I'm a T&H turnback owner and I love it. I've used mine as an everyday brush for years now because it's designed to be the same as Vulfix's 2234 brush which is a very popular everyday brush, except in travel format. And of course, when I travel, into the Dopp it goes without fuss or worry and I have the same brush no matter where I am. It's absolutely perfect for my needs.

Chris

Nope: It's not more than two or three months since I last played with the idea of buying a travel brush. At the time I knew the Vulfix and T&H brushes looked darn similar but I didn't know for sure that T&H brushes were made by Vulfix.

The T&H brush prices are still the same on a number of sites at or around $110-$115 for the turnback travel. Now they're listed on the T&H site at $69 and after the BnB discount $58.65.

Whether the Carleton, Regency or the turnback travel brush; they all look good to me at that price range. I'm still puzzled about the why of the price drop, but not too shocked to take advantage.

Ted

Nope: It's not more than two or three months since I last played with the idea of buying a travel brush. At the time I knew the Vulfix and T&H brushes looked darn similar but I didn't know for sure that T&H brushes were made by Vulfix.

The T&H brush prices are still the same on a number of sites at or around $110-$115 for the turnback travel. Now they're listed on the T&H site at $69 and after the BnB discount $58.65.

Whether the Carleton, Regency or the turnback travel brush; they all look good to me at that price range. I'm still puzzled about the why of the price drop, but not too shocked to take advantage.

Ted

Ted, I say go for it. Those sites that have the turnback for the $100-$115 range are from when the price was universally that high a few years ago. T&H has had the lower price for a couple of years now. Don't know why some sites still have it at the higher price (maybe they think some people will fall for it) but the new low I think is T&H's acknowledgement that the were initially priced out of the market.

Good luck!

Chris

Top Bottom