What's new

Chinese Old Spice shaving mugs?

I just bought an Old Spice shaving mug from eBay and it looks to be in really good shape. It has a graphic of one ship and "Old Spice" in script opposite the handle. Most mugs I have seen have a ship and its name on either side of the mug. The writing on the bottom says "Shulton," "Old Spice," and "21." I'm wondering if there are any cheap reproductions out there being sold on eBay....

Anyway, it has a new puck of D.R. Harris Arlington in the bottom of it!

proxy.php

Looks to be a mug from 1961-64 judging from the info on this page...
http://www.cr8on.com/mugindex.html

Last edited:
Cool. Thanks!

I have one issue with the performance. There is some roughness and sharpness to the inside edge of the top rim of the mug. You can see how it shaved some of the soap as I pushed it down into the mug. It looks as though it cut a couple hairs of my brush, too. Any way to smooth the edge of this glass mug out without scratching or chipping it?

Oh...the Arlington is nice!

Yes but if the soap is in there already I would hold it upside down at the kitchen sink when done and use the sprayer on the faucet to rinse the soap thoroughly.Just sand enough to smooth the edge and that will be sufficient if it is sharp.

Yes but if the soap is in there already I would hold it upside down at the kitchen sink when done and use the sprayer on the faucet to rinse the soap thoroughly.Just sand enough to smooth the edge and that will be sufficient if it is sharp.

Exactly how I approached it! I used the wife's Sephora 4 sided nail filer ("You ruined it already." I used it to buff and polish my Ever-Ready brush!) and used the most aggressive grit. Took the edge down nicely. Sorta wet sanded it. Hasn't damaged it a bit and smooth to touch. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I dated my late dad's Old Spice mug as a LATE GLASS MUG 02 1964-1978.

He had it minimum 25 years, probably longer, knowing him.

I just got the same mug yesterday! Got one of those, and two of the Grand Turk ones from 1964-19 seventy something.

The single says "Shulton, Old Spice, and 15. It's the last one without the lip on the outside edge right?

Anyway, I spent a whopping $10 for three of them. She said she had like 9 or 10, should I go buy them up? The only reason I didn't is because I wouldn't know what to do with them.

BTW, I will be PIF'ing one of my Grand Turks sometime soon. I figure I'll keep one for soap, and one to for my distilled water during shaving (I have horribly hard water).

Top Bottom