What's new

Favorite beer?

What is your favorite domestic and import beers? No micro's please - like to keep nationally available and I realize if will be very different but interesting for our friends outside the CONUS.

Mine are Miller High Life and Sam Adams for domestic.

For Imports #1 is Guinness followed closely by Smithwicks.

No micros?:w00t: Then there ain't no beer.

I concur. the number of micro brew companies out there has eclipsed the mainstream companies.

but, if I had to choose a more mainstream beer i'd go with Red Stripe (is this an import?). don't really like many domestic beers accept Summit Pale Ale

We have a great discussion over in The Speakeasy about favorite beers! FWIW, the terms "domestic" and "import" are becoming less and less relevant. I've tried to convince the waiter to sell me a pint of DFH 90 Min for $2 because its a domestic (IE brewed in the US). No go.

It really depends on the time of year and weather, but I'm a fan of Spaten Optimator in the colder winter months, a nice heavy German beer with a coffee finish.

In the summer I like most things from Mexico (that isn't XX) - Sol with a wedge of lime is good.

If you are fortunate enough to have a Trader Joe's in your area you can usually find a good selection of reasonably priced beer year round. The one by my house started offering a "mystery bag" - 6 beers/5 bucks in a stapled brown paper bag. You'd never know what you get but it was fun.

m

Well, pretty much all beer is my favorite.:w00t:
However if I had to choose:

Domestic: Abita Turbo Dog
Import: Hollandia Lager

the best beer I've tasted in years is Shiner 101, an eastern European lager that is excellent. Pilsner Urquell's equal, no kidding.
:thumbup:

Top Bottom