Thread: Leonard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Leonard

My grandfather used to wear Leonard and I was very fond of that woodsy smell. More than 12 years ago, I managed to find a bottle and used it all. Since then my favorite cologne was Aqua Chrome. I limited my used of colognes over years and tried to use the natural stuff. On many ocassions, I reach at my Leonard empty bottle and I wish I had more of that. I thought that I can get some help from gents here at B&B. Are you aware of an online shop which might carry this brand? Would you recoomend me some other brand with the same base note?

Thank you,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Images

Sounds good! If you find something similar, let us know.
    Henry

My Kit

henry (@) badgerandblade.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Fragrancenet.com has Monsieur Leonard. Other sites list Leonard cologne, but none that I can recommend from personal experience.
    John

Part of the problem, of course, is that Leonard pour Homme is a discontinued scent. There may be a reformulation. However, I do see that there is some of the original scent available by search on the Crystal Flacon website.

As for similar frags, here's what perfaddict wrote in his December, 2010, review: "LpH is similar to Van Cleef and Arpels pour Homme, but less flowery. It also reminds me of Francesco Smalto pour Homme, but is a bit more herbal and oily; Trussardi Uomo without the tobacco notes, or a more resinous Bel Ami. In all its darkness LpH is not a room-strafing powerhouse like Trussardi pH."

My memory of LpH is faint, but I can vouch for the deep, dark, leathery mystery of Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme and for the rich leatheriness of Hermes Bel Ami.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll try to test all of them to find my favorite note. No doubt that B&B and its members are pros and supportive.
    I will try to update as I go along.

Thanks,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

edit: looked through what the guy had anyway and found it. $45 each.

http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/201...-xmen-aka.html

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/229...th-waiting-for!

i wanna try those vintage guerlains myself!
    Last edited by gwolf; 03-21-2011 at 04:17 AM.