What's new

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap - Liquid

Great review! (As always with you...)

Dr. Bronner's is great stuff. I use the Almond and Peppermint liquids for showering, and your comments on the Tea Tree have convinced me to try that one out as well.

Nice review. I, too, love Bronner's products. Their bar soap is every bit as good as their liquid. I currently cycle the almond, peppermint, tea tree and baby mild. If you want a morning compliment to you Proraso routine- give the peppermint a try. Whoa. The tea tree oil does take a bit to get used to but it offers such a "clean" scent that it has become my go to soap. The baby mild is my least favorite- it is incredibly mild and unscented but the latherability is not on par with the rest of Bronner's offerings. And as far as the latherability goes, I find these soaps to explode out of the body buff. To top it all off, you must read the label. That is some strange stuff. Finally, do not follow all of their recommendations...peppermint soap does not make a good toothpaste replacement!!!

I use the peppermint version in the shower every day. I used to use it as a shampoo too, but the unbalanced PH of the castille soap made my hair way too dry.

The peppermint is a very nice wake up in the mornings. Maybe we have different water, but for me, this stuff explodes with lather. I usually put a small squirt onto my wahscloth. I end up having more than enough lather to wash my entire body without refilling the washcloth.

I almost always buy the 32oz version. You can find it at GNC, Trader Joes, Whole Foods and even Bloom.

We like Dr. Bronner's a lot, and have enjoyed it for many years now. We mostly use the Peppermint during the warmer months and the almond and eucalyptus scents during the cooler months. We normally cut the soap at either 50/50 or 60/40 (soap to distilled water). This is especially true with the peppermint as it can be a bit too "bold" without the dilution. Because of the dilution it is almost imperative to use a body puff (that's alright Kyle, real men can use these as well :biggrin: ) to obtain an acceptable amount of lather.

We normally purchase out products (in 32 oz.) from WFM, but recently came across them at GNC and at BOGO free pricing. I just finished mixing the last of our peppermint this evening. Perhaps we should try the lavender.

The Lavender is very nice. An even better treat is mixing the Lavender and Peppermint. :thumbup:

I've used the bars and quite a while back I used the liquid.

My only gripe (if I remember right) is that the liquid isn't very thick, more like water to be exact. So it's easy to overuse it or get it everywhere. Add some Xantham gum (a natural thickener) if you're used to a thicker gel in the shower.

You can also use this stuff for laundry. Lavender or peppermint scented clothes would be a nice change.

~Joshua

...My only gripe (if I remember right) is that the liquid isn't very thick, more like water to be exact. So it's easy to overuse it or get it everywhere. ...

Your memory serves you well. The liquid is watery. Diluting it and dispensing via a pump vs the original container helps prevent overuse.

I used to use this when I went camping in the mountains for a shampoo, dish soap, hand soap, bath soap, & even toothpaste. But regular toothpaste sure tasted alot better. It saved alot of space eliminating alot of extras & did the job.

I too use dr. bronner's for camping. Recently I started using the bars in the shower and they are great. So far I have only tried the lavender and eucalyptus, but will eventually make my way through them all.

I'm intrigued, have you done this before? If so, how were the results?

Thanks!

I tried the lavender and was very disappointed. It didn't leave my sheets particularly soft OR smelling like lavender... plus for the quantity required, it makes for pretty expensive detergent.

You can purchase it cheaper at Vitacost here:
http://www.vitacost.com

I always mix a squirt with my shaving soap to help create a nice lather. i also use it as a body wash. I love the way it smells. A little goes a long way. it has a multitude of uses such as soap, shampoo, shaving, washer fluid, deoderizer, insect repellant, window cleaner, countertop cleaner, dish washing detergent, vegetable wash, hand wash, laundry, etc.

What makes this different from normal soaps, if anything?

Also, curious if it is lower impact going down the drain than normal soaps? (I am guessing it must be if you guys use it camping).

-Mo

Oooh the peppermint is chilly!!!!

The tea tree makes me sad though, it reminds me too much of my beloved Coate's shaving cream. :frown:

The tea tree makes me sad though, it reminds me too much of my beloved Coate's shaving cream. :frown:

I suppose I shall have to steer clear.

Actually, I can probably use it without sadness for a while, if I got some know. Considering that I have 7 pots of Coates Tea Tree in the back of a locked and booby trapped hidden drawer.

-Mo

I use the unscented/baby Dr. Bronner for hiking to clean my cookware and occasionally myself. Have to have the unscented because of bears. I use the bars sometimes at home and I have almond and peppermint (and probably a few others) in liquid. I have never used it shaving but they are a nice change up in the shower or next to the sink.

Dennis

Top Bottom