What's new

Getting the itch again--RAD

I have:
A Merkur 38c and 37c--daily shavers

A EJ89L--hate it with any blade tried so far--just hasn't worked out--nothing wrong with it other than the shaves.

A collection of vintage Gillettes--OK but don't compare to my Merkurs as far as the shave.

Looking at:

Merkur Futur--high price and large head are kind of throwing me off.

Goodfella's 3 piece open comb---look cool--don't have an open comb---but not a big fan of the shorter handles.

Merkur 39c--love the barber pole handle on my 38c--but since I have a 38c and 37c--just thinking I'd be getting more of what I already have.

What would you go with? Pick one.

I would go for the Goodfella. Just got one this week and its great. Joined my rotation along with my fatboy, giromatic and vision

I have:
A Merkur 38c and 37c--daily shavers

A EJ89L--hate it with any blade tried so far--just hasn't worked out--nothing wrong with it other than the shaves.

A collection of vintage Gillettes--OK but don't compare to my Merkurs as far as the shave.

Looking at:

Merkur Futur--high price and large head are kind of throwing me off.

Goodfella's 3 piece open comb---look cool--don't have an open comb---but not a big fan of the shorter handles.

Merkur 39c--love the barber pole handle on my 38c--but since I have a 38c and 37c--just thinking I'd be getting more of what I already have.

What would you go with? Pick one.

Of those 3, the Futur - great razor. I also am in the small minority that do not love the EJ89L.

If you like the Merkur's go for the Futur. It's an awesome razor. I have the Vision, the Futur and the Heavy Duty, and my Futur is by far my favorite.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Gamble $10-20 on a SE Gem 1912. You will be amazed by the quality shave it delivers.

+1

I could even be persuaded to part with one in the low end of that price range if Mr. BeenGlocken is interested.

OK---went and did it.

After a whole weekend of going back and forth---reading threads and reviews on both the forums.

Then shiney? matte? shiny? matte?....................aaaaaaarrrrrgggggg

Just ordered a matte chrome Futur from WCS.

Hopefully this is the RAD killer.

Top Bottom