What's new

How about Bloody Mary's?

Now that it is warm and sunny, my thoughts turn to the Bloody Mary. Do you enjoy them, too?

Mine are probably kind of weird. I prefer V-8 to tomato juice and gin to vodka. Otherwise, they may be standard. Simple to make, simple to drink:

A highball glass
A shot of decent gin (standard Beefeater, Bombay, or Tanqueray)
A dash of Worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrin's)
A drop or two of Tabasco sauce
A squeeze of fresh lemon or lime
A celery stick, with leaves
Fill with ice cubes
Fill with V-8
Stir and enjoy

Tim

Now that it is warm and sunny, my thoughts turn to the Bloody Mary. Do you enjoy them, too?

Mine are probably kind of weird. I prefer V-8 to tomato juice and gin to vodka. Otherwise, they may be standard. Simple to make, simple to drink:

A highball glass
A shot of decent gin (standard Beefeater, Bombay, or Tanqueray)
A dash of Worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrin's)
A drop or two of Tabasco sauce
A celery stick, with leaves
Fill with ice cubes
Fill with V-8
Stir and enjoy

Tim

Tim - that's a good recipe. I prefer vodka to gin but I am with you on the V-8. I also like to add a bit of beef bullion and some celery salt. :biggrin:

Vodka
Zang Zang mix
Tabasco
celery salt
a splash of beer
horseradish

garnish with pickle, celery and a few green olives and the occasional lime wedge.

MmmMm.

1.5 oz of Pepper Vodka

10Fl oz of TABASCO® brand Bloody Mary Mix
(made with lime juice, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, extra thick concentrated tomato juice and TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce…Plus the extra bite of Grated Horseradish!)

Pour over crushed ice

Garnish with Pickled green beans, stuffed olives or stuffed jalepeno peppers.
Celery if nothing else

Enjoy!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
1.5 oz of Pepper Vodka

10Fl oz of TABASCO® brand Bloody Mary Mix
(made with lime juice, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, extra thick concentrated tomato juice and TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce…Plus the extra bite of Grated Horseradish!)

Pour over crushed ice

Garnish with Pickled green beans, stuffed olives or stuffed jalepeno peppers.
Celery if nothing else

Enjoy!

Do you work for Tabasco?

Ooooh, drinking in the AM, a subject near and dear to my heart!

Tomato Juice (V8 works)
Worcestershire Sauce
A squeeze of fresh Lemon
Freshly grated Horseradish (if you can't find fresh, get the prepared horseradish, not the creamy style. Tulelake makes a great, potent horseradish).
Freshly cracked black pepper.
Tabasco
A sprinkling of Celery Salt (or alternately, you can rim the glass with celery salt).
Plenty of Vodka.
Garnish with Celery and Olives, and maybe some pepperoncini.

Margaritaville in Capitola makes them with tomato juice, guinness, and vodka (and some seasonings). The guinness goes really well with it.

Skates on the Bay in the Berkeley Marina garnishes their bloody mary's with a cherry tomato and a cocktail shrimp.

There's a hotel right oustide of Mendocino... Mendocino something or other (descriptive, I know) that garnishes their Bloody Mary's with practically an entire garden. I believe they put cellery, but they also put in some olives, a green bean, a pepperoncini, and I think I remember an asparagus spear (it's been a while).

-Nick

Do you work for Tabasco?

No, and if I posted out of line, I apologize.

I do like the Tabasco brand, because it takes the lime, Worcestershire Sauce, horseradish, and hot pepper sauce that make great bloody mary. Any good tomato juice or vegetable juice will work when you include these items to go along with them.

In my opinion, the bloody mary's in New Orleans are the best in the country.

I'll be over to each of your houses to sample them all, and I'll report back.

If I can find my way home . . .

:arf: :a54:

Tim -- Great thread, buddy. Your gin recipe sounds really great. I haven't had a Bloody Mary in a while, but I'm feeling inspired to make one now. I think I'll play with some recipe's in the next few days. :thumbup1:

Ahhhh, have to admit to a fondnest for the occassional Bloody Mary. Make mine with Beefamato juice, vodka, tobasco, little lemon juice, celery seed, and freshly cracked pepper.. deending on my mood I'll add worcestershire - SWMBO doesn't care for worcestershire in hers. I mix up a batch at a time in an old Beefamato bottle.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
No, and if I posted out of line, I apologize.

I do like the Tabasco brand, because it takes the lime, Worcestershire Sauce, horseradish, and hot pepper sauce that make great bloody mary. Any good tomato juice or vegetable juice will work when you include these items to go along with them.

In my opinion, the bloody mary's in New Orleans are the best in the country.

Just kidding. Tabasco is a great brand, and a very uniform product. :thumbup1:

So, I was just at the grocery store and thought about this thread. A bottle of V8 jumped into my cart all by itself. Now I didn't get too fancy, just the basics. Vodka, Tabasco, Freshly ground sea salt, Freshly cracked tellicherry black pepper, celery power and a wedge of lemon. All of this over Ice and topped off with V8. Thanks for the idea, it was a good one.
Cheers!

Good stuff, but too mild, IMO.

Heh. Cholula has become my go-to hot sauce when I'm not looking to burn my face off. Tabasco just tastes like vinegar to me.

With that said, I've got a bottle of Scorned Woman hot sauce that I've had for years and it's still good. Too hot for anything to grow in it. That's my face-burning-off option.

Great thread...

I like to rim the glass with Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning. Garnish with pickled beans and a pepperoncini.

For a twist try it with a pepper or citrus vodka.

Top Bottom