What's new

What Aftershave did you use today?

Vintage Avon Sports Rally Bracing Lotion. I used this for the first time after a shave last night. It went on with a great sting, but quickly simmered down to a soothing (numbing?) feeling. It left a nice, softening humectant layer behind; I've since researched the ingredients, and discovered this must be due to the Oleyl Alcohol (there is no glycerine in this juice, although it certainly feels like there is). I got a bit of a mild burning feeling later on, but checked the face carefully and found no redness or irritation, even in the rough patches from my 5th-use SE blade shave. Got up this morning with the face looking and feeling great!

So I put on some more after the morning rinse in the shower. It has a very mild fragrance I haven't pegged yet, which wears very close to the skin. This may not be for everyone, especially as aftershave, but I'll be rotating it in from time to time, simply because it's interesting!

Ingredients: SD Alcohol 40-B, Water, PEG-6, Oleyl Alcohol, Fragrance, PPG-12-Buteth-16, Benzophenol-11, BHA

Top Bottom