What's new

DFW Get-together?

Hated to miss the gathering especially after getting all the way there and smelling the BBQ. Hope all have a great time. Thanks for helping me out, Tom. Next time!

Missed having you there in person. With so many out, we may have to schedule a make-up event...

We had a great time today at David's Barbecue. If you haven't been to a get together before, it's definitely a fun experience sitting with a group of people sniffing soap in public! I'm pretty sure we discussed fountain pens and inks more than anything. It's pretty cool to meet people you've only had contact with through a screen. I'm already looking forward to the next get together!

You just haven't lived until you've sniffed soap in a public eatery.

Had so much fun getting to meet you guys today! And it was really amazing that we all had so much in common. I guess great minds do think alike! LOL. Can't wait till the next one. Everyone have an awesome weekend!
Mrs. Armsdealer :biggrin1:

There's that moment where you realize you have stuff in common with a wide range of people. B&B is a cool thing. And at least we don't collect thimbles.

Once again, lots of fun making new friends and seeing already ones.

Keep Larry and his family in your thoughts and prayers. His daughter is heading towards getting a defibrillator/pacemaker implanted which is good progress, but the journey isn't over.

Congrats to Tom for taking home the bottle of Captain's Choice Bay Rum donated by the Captain.

Thanks to Scott from Captain's Choice for donating his fine AS for the give away.

Just before leaving, I had to stop by the antique store at the other end of the center. It would be wrong for a lonely razor to be left in a case with all these shavers nearby, but no such luck.

'Til next time, get to work on your badger hats.

Enjoyed meeting all you good folks today. Now that I kind of know what to expect I'll try to be better prepared next time.
And thank you for the samples and goodies.
Take care

I definitely enjoyed meeting all y'all. I look forward seeing y'all at the next get together. And it was great food!!! It doesn't get any better than new friends, old friends, great conversation and great food.

Tom

I just thought of an idea for our next get together. I think we need an photographer, now if only we knew someone who could take good pictures:biggrin1:

Tom

Thanks for the samples.

One quick question, where in the world do you find stuff I've never even heard mentioned?

It is a big ol' world but interwebs bring it all to our doorsteps. Part of the fun of this hobby for me is finding new products and B&B is a great source. I am continually amazed at the contributions that B&Bers make to the collective database.

Thank you very much for the samples. I tried the Astra SP this morning and got a really nice shave. Need to practice with it a bit. First time I've used a cream. Are there different types of Astra? I'll research it but just thought I'd ask. Thanks again.
Oh, another question. Would a smaller, maybe stiffer, brush work better with the cream?

Drop Top, there are Astra Superior Platinums and Superior Stainless but I like the Stainless the tiniest bit more. They seem a bit smoother. I don't think the brush makes a whole lot of difference with the cream. None that I've found, anyway. You took home the Bigelow, didn't you? You might try playing around a bit with the amount of water you use. That cream seems to be fairly easy to get dialed in with just a few uses.

I used some of the Saint Charles Shave Pumpkin shave soap last night, and I gotta say that stuff is impressive! I've never used any SCS product before, but if it's all as good as the pumpkin, I need to get me some more of it!

Got my blades and cream mixed up. Well, they both start with "A". I did get the Bigelow. And a bunch of blades. Looks like we have a lot of experimenting to do.

Arko Commando is the cream. As far as the brush, I would use a larger brush if for no other reason than to capture the volume of lather in the brush. Do you face lather or bowl? I use smaller, stiffer brushes mostly on soaps but it really doesn't matter. Use what you prefer.

Glad you liked the SCS sample. SCS soaps are probably my favorite. They provide a slick lather and leave my face feeling great. If their aftershaves weren't equally awesome, I could go without an aftershave.

I'm using a pretty good size brush. I think I used too much cream in first attempt and overloaded the brush. But it still felt really good. For some reason the last few days I haven't goten a good shave. But today's was really nice. I face lathered today but I think I'll try the bowl next time. I like that better than for no other reason that I can really whip it up and not make as big a mess as trying to do it on my face.

Hello, gents! I've recently joined B&B and would be interested in a meetup whenever the next one is scheduled.:biggrin1:

Welcome. We'd love to have you join us.

If you haven't already, you or anyone really, can subscribe to the thread and receive email updates as there are new posts. Simply click on the "Thread Tools" button at the top and go from there.

Top Bottom