What's new

Best darn $1.99 you can spend!

I've been curious about the Superior 70 Bay Rum for a while but none of the Walgreens in my town had it in stock. The town 6 miles from me has a large Hispanic population so I gave it a shot and they had a few bottles on the shelf! $1.99 gets you nearly 12oz. of some really nice Bay Rum without all the additives that make some smell like cinnamon candy, cloves and such. It does have quite a bit of alcohol so if that is a concern look elsewhere. I think it smells and feels great. If you don't like it you can always use it start a damn good smellin' campfire. I hit the local Hobby Lobby and got a couple corked bottles for $1.50 and transferred some 70 to it. Now it looks nice too.

proxy.php

Very nice, I love the bottle. I usually avoid going to hobby lobby with SWMBO but this may be a good reason - don't forget to make a cool label for that bottle.

I used the Walgreens online locater to find that the Walgreens on the way home from work has this in stock. I've been avoiding it as of late, but now I see no reason not to go pick some of this up. My aftershave addiction is getting ridiculous.

THat's what I use too. I had to order it online, because there is no place around here that carries it. I like it alright, though I sort of prefer spicier bay rums. I'm planning to make some of my own as soon as I figure out how to get some Pimenta racemosa leaves. Can't find anywhere to buy them, but I hear they're weeds in HI, and I know someone there, so I might try to get them to send or bring me some.

I think you should share those labels with us :biggrin1: or at least tell the image manipulation challenged how you did those. :001_smile

Easy as pie.

- Do a search for something like "Barbershop label" on Google or Yahoo.
- Find the one you like then save it to your PC
- Use something like Photoshop or GIMP (free) and add text of your choice
- Save, print and use kid's glue stick!

I knew from the title of this post "Best darn $1.99 you can spend" that you were talking about Superior70. Great stuff.

Last edited:
I'm jealous that you can find this stuff on the shelf in your Walgreen's. I have a friend of mine from Belize that is having some family bring me a bay rum over from off the shelf down there. I'm curious to see what turns up.

not available in my local walgreens, must be due to alcohol content I guess. Teenagers like to drink aftershave and mouthwash to get a buzz I hear.

I really dont want to put together a 25 dollar order, just to get free shipping. They have nothing I want besides SE blades and I have hundreds already.

not about to pay 6 shipping for a 2 dollar item..

is there no justice?:thumbdown

Downloaded GIMP for Mac OSX (which is a hacked version as GIMP does not offer a binary for Mac. Anyway, after fooling around a bit and lots of swearing here's my first effort:

proxy.php

Top Bottom