What's new

What can I use to create slurry on a Frankonian?

Any suggestions? I've got a vintage Thuringian I could use. I've got a small DMT325 but I don't know whether that'd be good to use on it. I guess I could get a bit cut off the end because it's a big stone but that seems a bit extreme.

Id use a fine dmt if it was me.Or cut an end off it is a long stone.a 1/4" or 1/2" for a slurry would not be missed and would last a long time.

The DMT or take 1/2" off your stone with a hacksaw. I use my DMT plate on mine and it works well. The slurry stone I received with it is a joke (like a 1/2" by 1/2" piece). Unfortunately my stone is only 5" long so cutting any off is not ideal, but if I recall you got an 8" one right?

A thuringian would work too, though I think all the slurry would be from the thuri as it is softer than the Frankonian.

It seems like the Frankonians are picking up some popularity since Joe's review.

I bet if someone got an extra stone and cut it into slurry stones people with the hones would buy them on the BST and appreciate the service.

Top Bottom