What's new

Day 4 with DE Wetshave.

i ust say 'm getting better at figuring out how my facial hair should be shaved. First day it was an almost BBS shave, couple nicks and a little iritation.

Second Day... i only went WTG just so i could figure out the angle a little better. Not too close and a little less nicks. Not as much irritation.

Day Three... I kinda rushed the shave. I jumped the gun and didn't hydrate the facial hair. One word, "OUCH!" Lesson learned. Shave was closer, but i think i was putting too much pressure, hence the irritation. I brok out the Anthony Logistics Razor BUrn Repair (I've used it with my M# and it really helped with this shave). Cooled the face down and I let it rest.

Day four. I waited till late so i could let the face rest a little longer. Glad i did. I did the proper prep and took my time. WTG, XTG, XTG the other way just in case, ATG. All done with the VDH deluxe bar and a Feather blade. Finish with a bit of alum and then Nivea Sensitive Balm. Next week i try out the CO Bigelow.

BTW i have two handles coming in and 4 scents from Col Conk. I'm also bidding on a couple vintage handles on the bay... This is not going to turn out good... :blink:

Neat!

Chef, do as you wish, but before using the other razors I suggest you stick with just one to learn technique. I'd also stick with one soap, the VDH is pretty good for a baseline and operates way above what you paid for it, and use that for all testing. If you change a mess of variables all at once you have no idea what happened if things go horribly wrong. Make sense?

In short, at this point you want consistency. Pay attention to the little things and get them down before jumping around. It'll come, be patient.

that's exactly why i started out with the VDH. I can get my lather technique down without feeling bad about wating produce that cost me an arm and a leg. Same with the feathers in my EJ DE89L... I wanted to start with the sharpest so that i had to learn proper technique. (thanks Fidjit) the blades being so sharp make me slow down and focus on proper angle and pressure. I was going to start with a more forgiving blade, but then i would be playing catch up with the sharper end of the spectrum.

As for my SAD, that was inevitable. I like making things and hence the handles. Probably won't be uings them anytime soon, but it'll sure look nice in te set up =)

chefjbs,

I know it is fun to hit it every day, but consider going for two days growth & then shaving; I did this recently & I was amazed at the difference it made.

Other members on here have remarked about it...I tried it, & achieved my best shave ever. Everything went much easier, for some reason. No neck irritation, no burn...it was a beautiful thing!

Top Bottom