What's new

Plastic Bottle Make-Shift Brush Stand

Hi Gents,

What do you guys think? I cut out the bottom of a plastic bottle, then cut off the top and a section of the bottle so I could fit the brush into the makeshift stand (if that makes sense). Hopefully post bloom the brush doesn't become too big for the stand... but I suppose even if it does I can always just make another one.

Thanks,
Rick

View attachment 8140

*UPDATE: Great success! Post bloom the brush still fits perfectly in the make-shift brush stand...

Well you never "need" duct tape. Its just an easy way to bring some class to the project. :biggrin:

You know...that's a good point- I think I may throw in some duct tape just for good measure... There really isn't a substitute for so elegant a material....

Indeed. I love the way it glimmers in the beams of a passing car's headlights. It is, after all, considered redneck bling.

Hm... It has been 3-4 hours and the tips are still pretty wet to the touch... Not enough ventilation? Or a case of OCD?

R

What are you doing prior to putting it in the stand?

My SOP is:
  • Shake the everliving mess out of the brush. Do this while holding brush and entire arm in the shower or SWMBO will be angered.
  • With very light pressure and very fast motion, "paint" the brush dry on a towel.
  • Place brush on counter top and I'm done.

What are you doing prior to putting it in the stand?

My SOP is:
  • Shake the everliving mess out of the brush. Do this while holding brush and entire arm in the shower or SWMBO will be angered.
  • With very light pressure and very fast motion, "paint" the brush dry on a towel.
  • Place brush on counter top and I'm done.

I'll try shaking the living mess out of it tomorrow.... Since it was the first day I was using my new pride and joy, I was being particularly careful... Give me a week and I'm sure that will be out of my system..

While you don't want to be abusive to your brush, remember...it's just hair! I don't brush mine on a towel. I take a clean wash cloth, fold it in half, and roll the brush up in it. Then I gently squeeze the badger hair through the cloth. Unroll it, and repeat using the other side. Then I give it a one minute cycle under the hair dryer. Keep the brush about 12" from the tip of the nozzle, and use high velocity on the warm cycle. Keep the brush moving and you should be fine.

Randy

:biggrin: I saw the mention of duct tape to go with this brush holder.

Anyone can look at the holder and see that the proper use of the duct tape will be to tape it to the wall or mirror.

WaterBoo

Nice design!

But since the moment I saw it I thought - "uh-oh, this brush will stay damp!" So your later post confirmed my concern.

I don't use a brush holder (just visited the thread to see the design / idea)

Cheers
Ivo

Top Bottom