What's new

Need opinions on next soap purchase

I now use three soaps in my rotation (and a few samples thrown in).

Tabac
Speick stick (milled into an OS mug)
Cella (red tub)

If I were to add one more soap to my rotation (soap, not cream. I do have a tube of Proraso), what would you suggest?
It would need to be totally different than what I have.

Thanks.

Art of shaving soap.

You can thank me later.

:001_smile
+1 for AOS...in my case I prefer the Lemon Scent, which is more of a Lemon Chiffon...In not AOS, then Trumper Almond...which is not really almond scented, but smells of the Almond Flower.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Maybe a French soap like a PdP or Institut Karite?? I have the PdP and love it, smells wonderful. Very clean and fresh. Looks like you've got Germany and Italy down haha, maybe give the French stuff a try:lol:

All good suggestions. I would second Mama Bear, any of the Floris line, Trumper's, QEDman, SRD Bulgarian Rose was fantastic (but SRD stopped selling it), Mitchell's Wool Fat

If price is not a factor, Martin de Candre. It's the best soap i've ever used.

Mid-range, Harris Arlington/Marlborough. I rate these just a notch below MdC.

Inexpensive, Mama Bear. I have a couple scents, great soaps.

Good luck,

Code

Mitchell's woolfat: subtle [but very pleasing] scent, great skincare.

DR Harris Arlington: Fantastic scent (citrus and dark fern), fantastic performance.

Trumper's Rose: A scent that is to die for!!! Performance is great (it's the ONLY non-tallow soap I use and love!)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
So many great choices... Here are some excellent soaps to take in consideration:

Valobra stick
La Toja stick
D.R. Harris Arlington
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Martin de Candre
L'Occitane Cade

And a lot of others...

So many great choices... Here are some excellent soaps to take in consideration:

Valobra stick
La Toja stick
D.R. Harris Arlington
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Martin de Candre
L'Occitane Cade

And a lot of others...

+1 to the above. And those others for me would include Floris No.89 and Trumper's Rose.

Thanks for all the replies. A lot of choices there.

What about a Bay Rum soap? Any suggestions?

Thanks for all the replies. A lot of choices there.

What about a Bay Rum soap? Any suggestions?

You I just picked up the Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood stick from WCS with the matching aftershave, for under $15 total it is a sweet deal. Soap works very well, scent is very nice and the aftershave has no burn at all. All in all, a great option for a bay rum soap.

Top Bottom