What's new

shaving under jaw line

on right side hair goes from chin towards ears, left side it is N-S.

Does anyone stretch their skin above the chin towards, so that the area below jaw line is flat against cheeks and then shave?

Sure! I do. Anything to get an easier razor angle. I do find it is too easy to get razor burn this way, so I shave very gently.

Sure! I do. Anything to get an easier razor angle. I do find it is too easy to get razor burn this way, so I shave very gently.

:thumbup1: am going to go for it..used to shave that way with my cart...but with DE, didn't know if that was bad..

I do whatever it takes to smooth out my skin be it twisting or raising my neck or stretching my skin. I find that helps out a lot.

If I over stretch I get a lot of ingrowns so start out careful if your skin is sensitive and you usually get bumps and irritation.

Last edited:
on right side hair goes from chin towards ears, left side it is N-S.

Does anyone stretch their skin above the chin towards, so that the area below jaw line is flat against cheeks and then shave?

All the time, and with a very light/deliberate stroke. I think Mantic said it best (and I'm paraphrasing) when he said, "don't be afraid to move things around or out of the way."

If I over stretch I get a lot of ingrowns so start out careful if your skin is sensitive and you usually get bumps and irritation.

Same here. In certain places I just put some pressure (not really stretching) behind the growth pattern using my thumb. It helps to raise the hair enough to get a better cut.

That is exactly what I do. If I do it correctly then for shaving my neck, it is only the nice flatter areas, not the jawline.

When I do it not only do I stretch the skin up but I also open my mouth as much as I can. Get some funny looks from the wife but she likes the results.

Charlie

Top Bottom