What's new

One of the Mothers of All PIFs

Hi Guys

Been having a lot of fun here, the missus thinks maybe too much. So I've noticed that I have a few razors that I really don't use much if at all. So what better thing to do than to PIF them?
1. A 1959 (E2) Fatboy
2. A 1962 (H3) Slim Adj
3. A 1970 (P1) Black Handle SS
Yes a Fatboy. I have my "never used" one I paid dearly for so it's gonna get used. I know I could do the 'bay thing and pick up some money but it didn't cost me much so it's going. The Slim I have several of and the SS is one of about 4 SSs' that I also have.

The razors have some wear but they all work perfectly and s/b in service for years to come. These are to be used by the winners as shavers and not sold etc. Please feel free to PIF them as well if you prefer.

Now pick your number 1,2, and 3 choices. If you already have a Fatboy please don't ask for it, I feel it should go to someone who doesn't have one or can't afford one. The other 2 are up for grabs.

Also you have to share a reason why you'd like one of these razors. Please don't do the "my wife doesn't understand routine", come up with a good one.
Like the dog ate my dad's birth razor. Be creative but truthful.

I will draw for the razors on March 20th and announce the winners on March 21st.

I wil PM the winners to get addresses etc and find out how much the shipping will be in each case. The winners pay for shipping and you will pay before the razors are shipped. We'll do the Paypal thing.

Lets have some fun with this

id like a slim because ive never had one, and short handle razors seem to be helping me forget to not use pressure lol...

i have a fatboy, and no interest in the SS

:)

i'd like the FATBOY.

i had one, never actually used it and sold it for what i paid for it (here on B&B to another member) and am not regretting it. :blushing:

Slim would be 2nd and Blk Handle 3rd.

Last edited:
I too would like the fatboy. Reasons (other than the super cool name?:lol:); I have never tried a fatboy, I have never tried an adjustable, and I hear some amazing things about it around these parts.

Very generous.

Thanks,
CZ

Oooo a Fatboy! I don't go in for PIFs anymore really as I have more than enough of a set up here but I'll be honest and say I would like to be in for this please.
I've never tried one yet hear about them so much. I'd be so curious to see what the fuss is about and to see if a Fatboy could make this CurvyGirl happy :lol:

Also if I win I will PIF one of my razors along too. Take one in and give one out. and if the Fatboy proves not to be my Mr. Right I'll pass him on too :biggrin1:

It seems to me there are more PIFs than usual lately. And better ones. A Fatboy? A slim and a SS. Very nice, Huck1680.

I would be happy to try any of the three. I just found this site and really like the idea of the using a safety razor and getting away from the cartridges.

I have not purchased a razor yet and was actually on this site looking for tips. Not sure if any of your razors would be a good choice for a beginner but I appreciate you putting them up.

Thanks, Huck, for this very generous PIF. I'm interested.

1) Here's the order of my interest (since you ask):

1. Fatboy
2. Slim Adj
3. Black Handle SS

I'm a clergyman who pastors a small parish; I've just returned to wetshaving after 12 years of electric shaving. I make a small salary and did purchase a good razor but I think it's important to rotate to keep fresh in one's routine. I've read in B&B that the Fatboy is a great razor and it this point I wouldn't be able to buy one, so if one came my way I'd be grateful. But the truth is I'd be grateful for any of these razors.

Thanks.

Very generous PIF!! I would love to get the Fatboy for my dad. His was actually born in late '58. But '59 is still close. He's been using a Merkur 23C off and on. I don't think he likes it as much as he should. It seems to be a pretty mild shaver. I think that the Fatboy would give him better shaves and hopefully when/if he wants another razor, he'll pass on the Fatboy to me. Which would make me a very happy camper!!

Thanks!

#2 I'm interested in the Slim Adjustable. I have a fatboy and love it. The slim is my "last razor." I know that's kind of a joke, but that's really the only other razor I'm dying to get one of.

T

true01

As a new member to wetshaving my journey is just beginning .The addition of one of these razors to my arsenal would be greatly appreciated. Im newly single so funds right now are pretty tight if you know what I mean. To go out and purchase some of these great old time razors is pretty tough right now. If I do recieve one and for some reason do not like it(although i cant see that happening) I will not hesitate to PIF to someone else.The order in which i like is the order you have them in 123........Thanks True01

Last edited by a moderator:
Great PIF! My order of interest would be the Superspeed, and then the Slim. The Fatboy should definitely go to someone who hasn't tried one, though. I picked the Superspeed because a '60's SS was the 1st DE I ever used a little over a year ago. I had 2, and gave one to my oldest son and foolishly sold the other. I haven't found one in the wild that was in as good condition as the ones I had were that weren't ridiculously overpriced. And I'm a sucker for the 2 tone look of the black handle Superspeeds.:thumbup1: Thanks for the chance to play!:thumbup::thumbup:

Great PIF! I'm interested in the Slim for two reasons. First, it is close to my birth year. I've always wanted a razor from the early 1960's. Second, it looks just like the razor I remember my Dad shaving with when I was a boy.

My pick would be the black handled SS. I started with a black handled Gillette when I started shaving back in the 70's and I have always wanted another one (I love the look). And it would be amazing to win it on the 21st as that is my birthday.

Very nice PIF!!! Kudos!

I would LOVE the fatboy, I haven't even seen an adjustable razor in person yet and the immortal legend that it has created for itself on here just makes my mouth water.

I am worried about the mechanics working properly so I have been hesitant to get one off eBay and they are snatched up so quickly here that I never get a chance at one. I've gotten a few people into the shaving hobby, one is now becoming a true addict thanks to me and I've been at this for barely over a month.

A good condition fatboy seems to be my grail right now, why does that sound odd when I say it out loud?

I would covet this thing more than Nigel Tufnel coveted his favorite, unplayable guitar.

Top Bottom