What's new

Do you ever use your brush and soap/lather to wash your face?

So i'm getting ready for bed last night and i'm trying to break in a new brush so i figured i'd make some lather with it on my face and rinse it off.

Aside from the fact that shave soap is more expensive than regular soap is there really a downside to using a shave brush and lather to wash the face?

I figure the soap is of high quality and the brush helps exfoliate.

I probably won't make this a general part of my routine but i must say on my off day (yesterday) it was nice to go to sleep with soft skin and the mild scent of TOBS Lanender....

:thumbup1:

everyday when i dont shave! i usually dont wash my face when i shave just the forehead. Sometimes i dotn use any brush or anything and just use neutrogina face wash. But i use it to lather quite often. Actually i've used my vdh boar as a body brush as well... i want a large boar body brush, not sure if they make them tho, something on a stick.

i have oily skin at night sometimes and i think its good to exfoliate with the brush and i always enjoy working on my lather. There shouldnt be any harm in using shave soap. the face wash i use dries out my face alot more than the soap so iam guessing its probably better for my skin than that.

Yeah some times I will use a cheap puck of soap I have laying around to wash my face with on non shave days, rarely do I use some thing better...at most I will break out my Proraso green tub soap and face lather and cold rinse, apply WH and a balm.

I don't think I would do this with any of the other as there reserved for shaving, to me I think I would be slightly balked if I was using my T&H Limes just to wash my face rofl.

More than likely though I'll break out the puck of Williams and use it to lather to wash my face, I don't see using anything better would make a diff.

Yeah some times I will use a cheap puck of soap I have laying around to wash my face with on non shave days, rarely do I use some thing better...at most I will break out my Proraso green tub soap and face lather and cold rinse, apply WH and a balm.

I don't think I would do this with any of the other as there reserved for shaving, to me I think I would be slightly balked if I was using my T&H Limes just to wash my face rofl.

More than likely though I'll break out the puck of Williams and use it to lather to wash my face, I don't see using anything better would make a diff.

but dont u wanna use up ur product faster so u can buy more?:blink:

Well that would be a great thing, currently laid off and living off fumes atm so not a wise thing imo. Soon as I either get back on the horse or find a bloody new horse, I'll use more product! I love product lol, just conserving atm...not like it costs a fortune for a tub of Taylors lol but yeah.

Indiana SUCKS the brass monkeys jewels atm, I work security and the job area is so locked up it's difficult to get a foot in once out.

Anyhoo back on topic! :001_rolle

Interesting! The very first time I seen a lady lather up her face lol, but yes it is pretty enjoyable to lather/wash with a brush and soap/cream. Dose quite a bit more than a wash cloth and normal wash or soap, doesn't:thumbup1: dry out the skin.

So i'm getting ready for bed last night and i'm trying to break in a new brush so i figured i'd make some lather with it on my face and rinse it off.

Aside from the fact that shave soap is more expensive than regular soap is there really a downside to using a shave brush and lather to wash the face?

I figure the soap is of high quality and the brush helps exfoliate.

I probably won't make this a general part of my routine but i must say on my off day (yesterday) it was nice to go to sleep with soft skin and the mild scent of TOBS Lanender....

:thumbup1:

Nope, but I might try it.

I have washed my face with shaving soap but never used my brush. When I bought a set of stuff from Nancy Boy they included the face wash for free and I do like using that, has a very nice bubbly feel to it.

I try to keep things simple with my face, so yes. :thumbup1:
After I have shaved, I relather my whole face and then give it all a cold rinse. If I am already using this soap on the lower half of my face, why not the rest. There is always enough lather left to pull it off, and shaving soap doesn't dry your face out like other soaps can.

I wanted to know what it felt like, it was really nice and did leave my face soft.
(there I am in my avatar...:lol:)

I've done it too! :biggrin1: minus the avatar...

Now that I think about it, that's a pretty good idea. Right now I use a sponge and face wash but those could be done away with if I switched to a brush and soap, and honestly, I don't think it'd make that huge of a difference. I could save a few bucks combining facial care and shaving :blink:

Nothing wrong with using shaving soap for face washing. It is soap after all. Using your brush will exfoliate your skin. Nothing wrong with that either.

This was posted by someone not very long ago. Not written to disparage, only to say the gent who posted it pointed out that it costs nothing to do. One already has a loaded brush after shaving and it is moisturizing soap after all.

To answer your question, Yes. After I'm done shaving I use the loaded brush to wash the rest of my face. It works great and makes use of something I'd just put down the drain, unused, anyway. So I put it to use.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
here is another vote for using left over lather and brush on the rest of the face when done shaving.

I use Williams as my face soap now. VDH I still have hope for, but something tells me it's gonna end up as my face soap as well...

Top Bottom