What's new

Old friend

I recently purchased a tube of yardleys gold elegance shave cream,I had not used this one in a long time..the days of quality yardley products like tubbed shave soap,original lavender aftershave and talcum are gone...the current brilliantine can't hold a candle to the yardleys that came in the small green capped jar in the 1960's...the talc produced in India is inferior to the original british talc in every way...HOWEVER...yardley gold elegance shave cream,from India,is a product truly worthy of the yardley name ! this is a rich,luxurious cream.it takes a minute to puff up,but when it does you get a ton of rich creamy lather.no barbershop or menthol scent here.a classic british cologne scent for sure.moisturizing heaven,and superb blade glide..a re-discovered gem...if only they would make a real english lavender tube !!

I really enjoy this stuff too. Looks like they've changed packaging.
One great thing about this cream that you didn't mention is that it has a light but refreshing cooling sensation to it from all the aloe, whick I love.

At second glance your tube doesn't have aloe in it. I hope they didn't remove it from their creams. I wonder if the Elegance cream is different from the regular Yardley Gold.

Last edited:
I really enjoy this stuff too. Looks like they've changed packaging.
One great thing about this cream that you didn't mention is that it has a light but refreshing cooling sensation to it from all the aloe, whick I love.

At second glance your tube doesn't have aloe in it. I hope they didn't remove it from their creams. I wonder if the Elegance cream is different from the regular Yardley Gold.

It is a different cream,although they still make the original gold that I have tried many times.I think the elegance is a little richer ,but they are both really great creams

It is a different cream,although they still make the original gold that I have tried many times.I think the elegance is a little richer ,but they are both really great creams

Great! I was really hoping they hadn't changed it. For anyone that hasn't tried it, this stuff smells fantastic and is a great product- not just for the price point either, but for any price point.

Interesting and a fair price for sure, will have to give it a go some time, also I see that maharajashave.com has the original Old Spice as well in three scents...very nice:thumbup1:

Top Bottom