What's new

Geocachers?

Haven't done as much as I should lately

Compaq Ipaq HX2420 with Trimble Pathfinder XB GPS Receiver w/Bluetooth and Beeline GPS

or

HTC Desire with c:geo

As well as GSAK.

:biggrin1:

Garmin GPS Map 60 CSx, Garmin NUVI 550 (on my Ducati) and iPhone GPS with Geocaching.com app.

Yeah, I love geocaching.

Its about to get a bit more difficult on the main island of Japan though, last weeks big quake moved the island 8 feet to the East.

I'm also the President of Misawa Geocachers.

Last edited:
I also have not been out for a while. I may start up again in the summer when (hopefully) I will have more free time. Did it a little more frequently when the kids were younger.

Garmin eTrex Vista C

Would love to try the iPhone w/ Geocaching.com!

Geocaching family here, the kids love it. We take the winter off to do other stuff but plan on getting back on it again shortly. We like to plan a whole day around it, go out to lunch, etc. It's a good time.

I use a Jeep Trailguide - basically a Garmin Quest II. It has a dock in my jeep then it comes out and its a regular handheld GPS with all sort of great features. I also use it on my bicycle with a special mount.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I usually like finding the obscure, out of the way hard to get to caches that allow us to get this thing a bit dirty

proxy.php

Geocaching family here, the kids love it.

It's great for the kids. I'd never get them to walk for a couple of hours just to walk, but chuck a few geocaches in front of them and the "treasure hunt" is on. And that's for teenagers :laugh:

TFTC TNLNSL :lol:

Yeah the kids complain about the walk at times, especially the 7 year old but we try to keep it fun. I know what they are capable of and walking for a couple hours should never be an issue. I'm a bit tough there, plus after 11 years of marriage and 2 kids I have perfected the art of tuning out.

This will tell you something - Magellan Explorist (one of the old green ones). Been a while for us too but we promised we would re-start soon.

Recommendations on a good off-the-beaten-track GPS? One that doesn't whinge everytime "You are not on a road". The GPS built into my phone frequently does that.

The trailguide I have (Garmin Quest 2) will do on road, off road, trails 2 tracks, bicycle and breadcrumbs. Works great and is a value now that it's gotten older. Its not touch screen but I've dropped it into a mudhole then nearly drove over it with no issues. Tough little thing.

My fiance and I go geocaching in the summers around her family cottage and in our home town. Her father gave us one of his many GPS devices so I don't know what brand I'm using.

Oddly enough we were camping/hiking in Newfoundland and I stumbled across a geocache without trying on a mountain. It was much more exciting then using a GPS but of course was just happen-stance.

I geocache on occasion, had an older garmin but have been using my blackberries, and now my new HTC inspire. I really want a garmin gpsmap 62, but don't want to spend quite that much right now.
I would love to go out more, but I can't get swmbo excited about it, so I have to go in my spare time (rare).

Muggler here. :lol: just kidding. I always wanted to Geocache but don't have much time for it right now. I'll bet it's a blast

Wow, quite a few!

I'm intrigued by the new technology and paperless systems, but my GPSr drop and bash frequency dictates that whatever I have has to be built like a tank.

I haven't been all winter, but I should get out this week and find a few. I use a Garmin GPSMap 60CSx, such an awesome GPSr. It doubles as a mountain bike computer, and tends to handle anything with ease.

My old Lowrance iFinder has been used for both hunting and geocaching. I haven't been lately but I need to get back into it. The kids love it. I'd probably try using the iPhone now.

Top Bottom