What's new

Paddy's Day NOT Patty's Day

Okay.
I'll bite my tongue and just post it just once here... calmly... and in a normal tone.

Dear Everyone,
The Irish festival on the 17th of March is Saint Patrick's Day. You all know this. This can also be abbreviated to simply "Paddy's Day".
It can NEVER be abbreviated to "Patty's Day". Never. Never ever.
Edit: Occasionally some people say "Saint Paddy's Day"... but not very often.

Thank you,
Barber Eile.

Last edited:
Patrick - MALE

Pat - STILL MALE

Patty - BAM! Girl character from 'Peanuts', and, to every Irish person's ear: wrong and annoying.

Honestly I'm not that annoyed by the whole thing but...
I just wanted to put it out there.
For everyone to read.
And obey.
...Casual-like ya know?

Anyone else remember the show "Future Cop" about the android police officer, Haven? (Starring Ernest Borgnine, but not as the android.) The only episode I remember is when he went undercover as a boxer, Paddy O'Haven.

Honestly I'm not that annoyed by the whole thing but...
I just wanted to put it out there.
For everyone to read.
And obey.
...Casual-like ya know?

I getchya now.

But would it not also be more appropriate like this:

Paddy- casual nickname

Patrick- common name used by close associates

Saint Patrick- A man who struggled to live a life pleasing unto God to such an extent he attained sainthood and is revered in both the Eastern and Western Churches.

I'll stick with "Saint Patrick's Day":thumbup:

http://www.goarch.org/chapel/saints_view?contentid=2365

And probably not "Patricius' Day", either...

And the young lady is probably going to tell me to shut up and head north any time now!

Okay.
I'll bite my tongue and just post it just once here... calmly... and in a normal tone.

Dear Everyone,
The Irish festival on the 17th of March is Saint Patrick's Day. You all know this. This can also be abbreviated to simply "Paddy's Day".
It can NEVER be abbreviated to "Patty's Day". Never. Never ever.
Edit: Occasionally some people say "Saint Paddy's Day"... but not very often.

Thank you,
Barber Eile.

Toe-may-toe .... toe-mah-toe.

:biggrin1:

I am all ready for SAINT PADDY'S DAY I have my guinness and corned beef and cabbage. Eile I hope this is a proper way to celebrate. I do this every year. Tell me how you celebrate in Ireland.:biggrin1:

proxy.php

She said Patties....

I am all ready for SAINT PADDY'S DAY I have my guinness and corned beef and cabbage. Eile I hope this is a proper way to celebrate. I do this every year. Tell me how you celebrate in Ireland.:biggrin1:

I believe it involves going to Mass, not the pub.

Top Bottom