What's new

Casual Brown Shoe Recommendation

Hi Gents,

I'm looking for some recommendations. My requirements are as follows:

I will wear these as my spring/summer commuter shoes, so they need to be comfortable/durable enough to handle a 1-mile walk twice a day (I wear dress slacks 4 days a week and usually khakis on Friday). I will also use them as weekend casual shoes with jeans. My feet are pretty slim, so I'd like something that isn't too clunky. Any ideas? So far I've come across the Rockport Admiral and the Ecco Summer Sneaker. The pics posted are both brown, but I could also entertain black options. Looking to spend up to $150.

Thanks,
Don

Mephisto is great but you probably won't find them for your price range unless they are on special. For that price range you could also look at Geox, Cole Haan, and Josef Seibel.

Some of the on-line sites will let you filter results by price and color in addition to size.

Last edited:
Geox. Super casual, but not "simple." The breathing really works, and the stock insole is good if you don't usually wear other insoles for support etc.

My advice is to get a pair of Geox without laces. So much more simple to wear that way. A matter of taste, of course.

I have a pair of the Clarks "Un Structured" - they have lasted exceptionally well and are very confortable - many styles. The price seems to be in the $120-$140 range.

I'm a big fan of Keens. I like the nice wide toe. I've found them to be both comforatable and durable. Durability is big for me as I've found some brands of expensive shoes can fall apart on me in less than 2 months. I'm wearing my Keens today, and they're due for replacement after a few years, but still quite wearable.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/wall/shoes/men/blvd

Ecco's are the most consistently comfortable shoe I've ever worn. If I'm going to do a lot of walking on pavement, I want my Ecco's.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Mephisto is great but you probably won't find them for your price range unless they are on special.

But they are built to last so if you amortize the cost over the years of use you'll get from them you'll definitely get your money's worth.

I got a pair of brown Nunn Bush and I got 2 years of wear out of them before I had to replace the gell insoles I have had them for 5 years now and other than the insoles I replaced the laces.

Top Bottom