What's new

New cedrarfurnitureman?

Just for kicks I watched eBay tonight. There's a seller on there who sold a regular looking '59 Fatboy & a '57 Blue Tip for ~$250 on two separate auctions. The fattie was at &180 something when I stopped looking and the blue tip is currently at $61 w/ 2 mins left. Now I don't really care how people spend their money but this is a fool's paradise tonight. No offense to the seller but neither razor looked all that special if you looked closely. He just really shines 'em up ala cedarfurnitureman & props them up on a Tabac can and POOF: instant sucker magnet. Holy cow. Nice chunk of change for that couple of razors...

EDIT: Blue tip sold for $66. I have no idea on the final FB price - it was >182 when I last looked.

Last edited:
I had the same thoughts about the toggle. You just never know how an auction will end. As to the thread title - presentation is everything.

Presentation and cleaning. Clear, sharp pictures of a clean, shiny razor. If I ever start selling off my extras, that's what you will see. But I love those folks who take cell phone pics of a razor that they just picked up at the flea market or off of the dead guys sink. best deals. :thumbup:

-jim

Top Bottom