What's new

dehydrated creams?

I picked up a tub of Harris Marlborough and some TOBS Mr Taylor off BST a month or so ago and got around to using them this weekend. They seemed fairly hard and not the consistency that i was assuming they would be. I have T&H Trafalgar and Grafton, are they supposed to be creamy like those or kind of hard? They lathered just fine although the chunk of cream i put into my bowl acted like i had taken to large a chunk of like P.160 and it never wore completely down.

I got my first two full size tubs of TOBS from WCS recently. They were both rather hard, and not near the consistency of the samples I had from TOBS.

They lather just fine though. So no harm no foul to me. I assumed they just sat on the shelf a little long. No loss in performance.

Creams, especially the ones in tubs, can and will dry out over time. It's happened to me on a a couple, but the worst was a tub of T&H WIL. I kinda lost track of it in my closet for just a couple of months and when I found it again and opened it discovered it was almost like car wax. I hadn't noticed a small crack in the bottom of the tub so it dried out even more quickly. I tried it and it was still usable, but never really wanted to break down all the way on lathering and it was just too much of a pain so I pitched it. Luckily it was almost used up anyway.

I have a tub of Harris lavender and this cream has always had a thicker consistency. To me it seems similar in concept to the soft Italian soaps.

I lather the Harris like I would any soap and it always performs beautifully.

Top Bottom