What's new

Is Taylor's Avocado Different??

Hi this is my first post I just have a quick question and I figure this is the place to get it answered. About 2 months ago I ordered a tube of Taylor's Avocado from QED. I loved the scent and it was awesome. Today I just received a tub of it from classic shaving and it doesnt even smell remotely the same. It smells fine and all just alot different. Also the tub had a greenish font and the tube had a brown font. I remember reading something a while back along the lines of a change to the avocado. I guess my question is which is the new one and which is the old one? any feedback would be appreciated thanks.

I would say the tube might have been an old one. Surprised it was still around if you ordered it only a couple of months ago. Welcome to B&B, Mike!

Charles has been holding out on us! :eek:
Wow, I think the Avocado formula changed in early or mid 2006 and many people were not pleased with it. Any of the original stock would probably be snatched up pretty quickly if people knew it was still out there somewhere.

EDIT: According to this thread the tubes are the old formula and the tubs are the new. Not sure if this is still true or not since this post is going on a year old.

I checked with Charles this afternoon and he thinks his current stock is of the new formulation. He can't verify that, but he took a quick sniff of the tube.

I believe they are both the new formulation. In the past there have been discussions pertaining to the difference between cream in the tube or in the tub from the same type and brand. From close examination of my own stash, I notice a slight difference in the scent and texture from tube to a tub in the Lavender and Avocado TOBS. But not enough difference that when my tubes were running low and taking space I emptied the tube in the tub. After all it all goes to the same place, my bowl, brush and face. I should mention that I did not notice any difference in the lather from tube or a tub(same type and brandas mentioned above). IMHO.

Raf

Top Bottom