What's new

Spit shine or Hi shine?

SPIT SHINE OR HI-SHINE

• SPIT SHINE

• HI-SHINE

• I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHINE SHOES OR NEVER SHINE MY SHOES ANYWAY!

Results are only viewable after voting.
So we are talking about shoe shines here...which one do you prefer the military glass like spit shine or does a good hi-shine do well with you?

SORRY ABOUT THE TYPO....IN THE TITLE.

Last edited:
I prefer a glass/mirror-like finish, but can't always achieve that...even after reading all your posts about it, Mark!

Spit shine all the way. It was a mistake when the Army did away with boots that required a good shine, took discipline out of the ranks.

I give my good boots and shoes a nice spit-shine nearly every time I wear them. Sometimes I'm just feeling a little lazy, though, and a "high shine" satisfies me.

4 years of military school (my choice, not a punishment) so I'm spit-shine all the way. I even know about 4 different ways to do it.

Neither for me.

Looks like I'm the odd man out.

I wear cowboy boots pretty much all the time and prefer the satin sheen that comes from just a rubdown and brushing with a good leather conditioner.

Neither for me.

I wear cowboy boots pretty much all the time and prefer the satin sheen that comes from just a rubdown and brushing with a good leather conditioner.

there is nothing wrong with that...the fact that you are USING A CONDITIONER goes a long way....the biggest problem with shoe care is we do not condition our leather enough....

thanks for the comment....and keep up the great work !!!

Neither for me.

Same here...but I only get to wear my cowboy boots on casual Fridays and weekends. I get a pretty glossy shine just using Bic 4 leather conditioner on my shoes. I've had many men on the subway ask me what I do to my shoes to keep them so clean. Cleaned and conditioned 4 pairs of shoes last night in less than 30 minutes.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Mark:
Since I'm no longer in the Army, a Hi-Shine on my civilian dress shoes is good enough for me. :lol1:

Christopher
proxy.php

For me, spit shine and high shine are best left to uniforms and tuxedos. Again, for me, there is nothing more beautiful than the low sheen "aura luster" of a well-conditioned pair of leather footwear.

Well, maybe a beautiful piece of wood.

Okay. It's a toss up.

Well I prefer a hi shine except on cap toe shoes, they just beckon me to bull the polish in for some reason.

Hats off to those of you who spoke of leather conditioner....i will repeat myself again, it is the number one item we do not do when it comes to shoe care.

Top Bottom