What's new

Trufitt&Hill Sandalwood

First of all, kudos to T&H because they've added more stuff to their sampler of creams and balms, yet kept the price at $10.

Now, I am disappointed in the Sandalwood shaving cream (and balm). T&H changed the formulation. The sandalwood used to have an amazing earthy scent, and now it is cologne-ish. Not sure if that makes sense to you, but it smells a bit like the AOS sandalwood cream (which I didn't like either). Not that a cologne-ish smell is bad, I love T&H 1805, Grafton, and Trafalgar. It's just that I like natural scents like sandalwood, florals, citruses, etc. to smell... well, natural. If you've ever smelled Queen Charlotte soaps you'll know what I mean by smelling natural. There is an earthiness to the scent, like a fresh cut piece of wood, or some fresh earth (dirt).

Like I said, kudos to T&H! $10.98 (with tax) is a great way to test out the venerable line of T&H products. Only took two days to get the stuff too!

I haven't tried T&H Sandalwood. But I find AOS Sandalwood to have a very earthy aroma.
Typical ymmv instance.

+1

Scent is such a YMMV thing, but I don't get a cologne scent from AoS sandalwood at all. It's a very thick, dry, sweet, earthy aroma with AoS. I've never tried T&H Sandalwood, but I've tried C&E Sandalwood, and unfortunately that too is very cologne-ish. The C&E one has more of a spiced leather scent than a sandalwood scent.

I had their sampler as well. Did not care for the sandalwood, very artificial smelling. Their West Indian Limes was even worse. Best cream was Trafalgar, 1805 and Grafton. Of all of them Trafalgar was amazingly good, old fashion clean, fresh smell. Love the Trafalgar balm as well.

If you use the code BB11 you get 15% off

Well the T&H Sandalwood has sadly been re-formulated and that's that. My last tub of the old formula will just have to last. :crying:

Funny, I like T&F Limes...light yes but still limey and I like it fairly well it lathers very well and lasts. I have not tried any of their other scents, but seems I will pitch in on the Trafalgar and see how that is. As a woman I can be picky I guess...BUT if a Sandalwood is being looked for Taylors makes an extremely good Sandalwood.

Also I have yet to try Art of Shaving creams and soaps.

I thought that the T&F Limes smelt like a urnial cake from a public toilet. I did not find it to be pleasant. I did like the Grafton, Trafalgar, and Sandalwood. My wife particularly liked the Sandalwood compared to the other scents. Good to know about the addition to the sampler and the discount code. Helpful info. Thanks guys.

I liked the Limes...it had an earthy undertone that I enjoyed. Now that T&H included the Rose and Sandalwood I'm probably going to order another Sample Pak from them.

I found that the sandalwood lacked.... depth? It fell flat in comparison to what I was expecting after smelling the AoS sandalwood. It's not bad though, lathered well, lingered longer than most aftershave balms for scent. Just didn't pack any punch is all.

Top Bottom