What's new

WTH was I thinking?

My Ever-Ready lather catcher arrived today. It came with a black wooden handle. I'm thinking this wooden handle is going to be really substantial. Ha, I had a good laugh when I unpacked it. WTH was I thinking?

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
My Ever-Ready lather catcher arrived today. It came with a black wooden handle. I'm thinking this wooden handle is going to be really substantial. Ha, I had a good laugh when I unpacked it. WTH was I thinking?

full

full

No matter how many safety razors I see and handle, I never cease to overestimate the size of ones I've only seen in pictures. Even with something familiar for size reference, my brain expects them to be larger than they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what though? There is still something really awesome about that razor.

One thing I've learned from collecting is that GEM razors are freaking TANKS! Heck, some NOS Gillette NEWs already have cracked handles... and here is a razor that probably shaved a family of four for 3 decades with a WOODEN handle that's still saying "Bring it on fool!!!"

I recently was given a Tech Traveller, it is so odd to use, but in a good way, with that short little handle. Thankfully it is one of the non aluminum handled ones.

Be sure to share your experience shaving with it if you do.

You know what though? There is still something really awesome about that razor.

One thing I've learned from collecting is that GEM razors are freaking TANKS! Heck, some NOS Gillette NEWs already have cracked handles... and here is a razor that probably shaved a family of four for 3 decades with a WOODEN handle that's still saying "Bring it on fool!!!"

I'm just getting into the GEM scene, but yeah I agree.
They are built to last that's for sure.
Heavy and substantial.

Top Bottom