What's new

PICS/VIDEOS ADDED Prayers for (members & country) Japan

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Yesterday, Japan has been devastated by a massive 8.9-Magnitude Earthquake that also triggered Tsunamis (and warnings around the Pacific Basin Basin), and the death toll can not be measured yet. :sad:

To Japanese B & B members, Americans (our Service members), tourists and the people & Nation of Japan
proxy.php

The Mrs. and my thoughts, cares and prayers are with you always. Don't lose hope and faith because God is watching over you from a distance.

I hope everyone can keep Japan and their families in your thoughts, cares and prayers because they'll be in for a rough patch (and aftershocks), in the next days, weeks, months and years to come.

Christopher 我々の祈とうはあなたと一緒です

Attachments

• $God.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 837
Last edited by a moderator:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Agreed.

And in case you're ever wondering what havoc a tsunami can bring, take a look at this incredible video by the BBC showing it hitting the coastline and wiping out everything in its path.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12709850
raisindot:
+ 1 and OMG...cars, trucks (with people in them driving), ships, trains and buildings swept away in such a way that it's spellbounding, scary, shocking with great sadness and grief all 'rolled-up' in one emotion. :nonod:

Christopher 我々の祈とうはあなたと一緒です

Last edited:
I can't imagine experiencing such a degree of terror. For all intents and purposes, being in the middle of that must feel like experiencing the very end of the world. I hope and pray the final death toll is as small as possible.

I was just alerted by this when I woke up this morning. I had to do some research to find out where the Miyagi prefecture was. We have many U.S. service members in the South western regions of Japan and I am sure they are safe, although I have heard that they are underway to support the effort.

My prayers and thoughts are with the people of Japan and Hawaii.

No worries here in Southern Japan, but a big thanks to our service members who have been asked to help and are on their way.

Japan is very well prepared for these disasters, but nature is a vicious monster sometimes. This is going to look even worse in the morning...lots of towns are just gone.

Thanks, Christopher.

By the way, SlagleRock's wife posted on Facebook this morning that they are alright. I saw that Seraphim posted on B&B that they made it, too. Plenty of folks need prayers, though, for sure.

I just tried calling my mom and I couldn't get through. I'm hoping it's only the powerlines that are down. this sucks

Loads of people without power and lots of cell network problems... try not to worry too much. Especially if they are in the Tokyo area, where there was damage but few injuries, it's been very hard to get through.

Loads of people without power and lots of cell network problems... try not to worry too much. Especially if they are in the Tokyo area, where there was damage but few injuries, it's been very hard to get through.

my mom is up in Aomori prefecture just north of where the earthquake hit. I'm assuming the infrastructure is totally messed up where she is but it doesn't make me feel any better if I can't get through to see if she's alright. she lives pretty close to the coast, so if a tsunami did hit her city she'd be in a lot of danger

All fine in Osaka. Felt a bit seasick yesterday for 45 seconds as the ground swelled and heaved but that was it. Our thoughts are of course with everybody up north who was not as lucky as us down further south.

All fine in Osaka. Felt a bit seasick yesterday for 45 seconds as the ground swelled and heaved but that was it. Our thoughts are of course with everybody up north who was not as lucky as us down further south.

Good to hear from you, Dave. I haven't seen you post in quite a while.

The images coming out today on the Japanese news are overwhelming:ohmy:

Looks like some disturbing things are going on at some of the nuclear plants that have power and backup power gone...hope initial reports aren't true.

Need more information before getting too excited, but Japan could sure use a break right now.

Any radiation leak would probably move east towards the US.

You may remember that in WW2 Japan released balloons with bombs tied to them, and they landed all over the States and Canada as far east as Michigan.

Top Bottom