What's new

Wal-Mart Wilkinson Sword blades

I just can't get into these. To me, they're rough...and not all that sharp. Most of the time I can only get one shave out of them.

Does anyone here use them on a regular basis?

Nope, I bought 'em and actually chucked the last two in the dispenser. :thumbdown

A way of taming them is to strop with a cork or foam packing peanut. This will make them usable but I can't be bothered with that fuss. I've found several other blades that work right OOB and cost much less even when delivered to my door. :001_cool:

Regular basis? no. They just simply are not a good value. I buy them when travelling if I forget or cannot bring my regular blades.

I've been using them, but I have nothing to compare them to as I'm just started this three weeks ago. My experience has been a rough first shave, two decent shaves, and I have squeezed out a fourth and fifth shave, but have decided it's best to stop at three.

I've been using them regularly for about 6 months. I find the 1st shave the worst, the second shave on to about 7/8 shaves for me is pretty good.

Yes, I've been using them regularly for the past couple months. I have no problem or complaints with them. For my face and razors, they are much better than Derby Extras. Others' experiences will vary.

I use them once in a while. I find them to be better than average. They aren't the sharpest and they aren't the smoothest. But you can walk into a store anywhere in America and buy them for 18 cents a blade. Thats a pretty good deal in my book, and they are readily available. Way better than the personna's they had before

I use them once in a while. I find them to be better than average. They aren't the sharpest and they aren't the smoothest. But you can walk into a store anywhere in America and buy them for 18 cents a blade. Thats a pretty good deal in my book, and they are readily available. Way better than the personna's they had before

This is a fact, they aren't the greatest blade either however.

These were one of the first blade I tried while I was awaiting for my sample pack from WCS. Did not work for me either. Price is too high too, there are many other blades that are cheaper yet much better than these

I hated them. Then I palm-stropped before first use, and I actually kind of liked them. I'll finish the packs eventually (I've still got some in the metal dispenser, then I grabbed some in the black plastic dispenser for a forthcoming comparison).

I think they're great based on my experiences so far. Kinda tells me all these razor blade discussions are about the most pointless ones on shaving forums. Some people think X blades are garbage and get one lousy shave with them. The next guy comes along and says X blades are terrific and gets five good shaves with one. The only useful advice is to try whatever blades you want and pay no attention to what any of the rest of us say because it's *your* face.

So far, between the Derbys I started with recently and these, I see little reason to bother with anything else. I'd rate these and the Derbys as excellent with good longevity for a medium light beard like mine.

i agree with CSG's remarks about the substantial variability in blade performance for different people. They are all cheap enough, just try as many as you'd like and keep or note the ones that perform to your liking and return to those. I'm not sure if there is an all inclusive list of current production blades out there, but their couldn't be all that many.

I like them. They are perfectly serviceable, they aren't the only blades I use, but the fact that I can walk into a store and physically see and purchase them is nice.

Top Bottom