What's new

How frequently do you rotate between your razors?

Many of us in here have say 5 razors......how frequently do you switch between them in the rotation? I have 5 and have been shaving with it & rotating daily. Do you guys do it weekly? Daily? Monthly? How frequently do you rotate?

Many of us in here have say 5 razors......how frequently do you switch between them in the rotation? I have 5 and have been shaving with it & rotating daily. Do you guys do it weekly? Daily? Monthly? How frequently do you rotate?

I would say a lot of people have WAY more than 5, but I have 4 I use regularly. I alternate every day, sometimes two days in a row with the same. But thats the benefit of having some to choose from. All of mine shave differently and give a different shave depending on the blade I'm using. I usually decide what cream or soap I'm going to use, then pick the razor and blade from there.

I will only use certain razors/blades with certain creams and soaps. If I'm using a high end soap/cream, I'll use my toggle or Rocket HD. If I have a blade I'm testing, I always use CADE soap and a Red Tip. I may be more complicated/picky than others, but that is what I do :thumbup1:

I have 3 and IMO that's enough. I switch when the whim hits me and I use it until the blade gets trashed. My standard is a Gillette black handle flair, the whim razors are a SE GEM lightweight and a SE Valet.

On average, between 2-3 days to a week or 10 days.

I like to mix it up but sometimes get stuck on a favourite, or a rezor I want to get the hang of.

I like a bit of soap rotation too, but find I've been doing the same with them lately too.

I've only had RAD for a couple weeks, so my rotation habits are pretty new. Right now I'm rotating more or less on a blade change (every 2-3 days). But I am still in the honeymoon phase with most of them :001_wub: and some I haven't even tried yet!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm just a couple of months into my DE journey and so far have only used four of my twenty razors, so I have yet to develop a "core" of rotation razors. I will generally use a razor at least as long as a given blade is good, or I'll used two or three blades, then move on, depending on how anxious I am to try the next razor.

Well I have been liking my NEW more and more since I got it a few months ago and I have been using that pretty much every day. My other razor is a merkur 1904 closed, and I have been loving the OC. If I had another OC in my lineup I would probably switch out more often.

I only have 3 razors at the moment, one of which I can't learn to use, one is just there, the last is my OC New which gives me great shaves. So basically right now I don't have a rotation. I'll eventually have a small arsenal of razors that work well for me, then I'll switch between them whenever the mood strikes me.

I use the same brand of blade and rotate 7 razors. I can get the true test of a blade, regardless of the razor.

The first few months I was rotating up to 4-5 razors, switching every time I changed blades. Currently I'm down to two, a fall/winter favorite and a spring/summer favorite.

I generally change razors when I change blades, sometimes I stick with a razor for a few blades.

In general I always test new blades with my Rocket and Proraso cream and new razors with Dorco ST301 blades and Proraso cream and new soaps with the Rocket and Dorco blades. Those three are my standbys that I can get consistent results with.

I switch DE razors when I switch blades, usually every 3 days. I remove and dry SE razor blades, so I can switch out SE razors daily.

Weekly... I do fine using a blade for a week even with a 3 pass shave daily. If I am trying out blades, I stick with the same razor and try different blades for a week at a time. If I am trying out razors, I stick with my go-to blade and swap the razor out each week.

PDM

Below are my 3 daily razors, i.e., I swap one for another every 2 weeks.

• EJ89L
• Merkur 38C Longhandle Barberpole
• Slim Adjustable

Below are less frequently used razors:

• Superspeed (use every 1-2 months)
• Fat Boy (use every 3-4 months)
• Merkur 39C Slanthammer (use when needed)

Every day I look at my den and pick out a new razor and soap for that days shave. It is whatever I feel like using that day. Sometimes I'll read a post and think, hey I haven't used that razor in a while, so I'll pick that one for the next day. I did that last night with an Ever-Ready 1914.

I have 8 razors and go through them methodically, 1 after the other, but hey thats just me, guys I think it gets back to choice and what makes you feel good, don't hold back do what you think is right at time . . .

I generally rotate weekly.

Most of the time I use an SE for four days of the week and a DE for three days of the week. I own approx. a dozen razors, and generally rotate among them on the above schedule, some razors get more use than others. I change blades on both the SE & DE weekly, so I do four days on a SE blade & three days on a DE blade.

DD

Top Bottom