What's new

Best Open Comb Easily Bought?

I have a fair collection of razors, but continually return to my Old Type Open Comb. For some reason I don't have a lot of open combs even though that Old Type has really become my most prized razor.

I never have any wants for my birthday or Christmas, but SWMBO is asking about what I would like. It is my birthday on March 21 (world end racism day) and I told her that I would love to add another open comb to the collection. She is buying herself some new soaps and a boar brush soon, so it should all work out.

The catch is that I am not sure what I should suggest to her. What do you think? - I don't really want to tell her an exact model, but would like to steer her towards an easily purchasable good open comb. :a37:

A New OC long tooth is my favorite razor and the one that works best for me. Of course that is from a selection of 4 razors that I've tried so YMMV. :biggrin1:

Without any doubt, I recommend the Merkur 1904 OC.

It is a work of art, drop dead nickel platted gorgeous and shaves like a dream. You'll forget about your other razors! You can order it from just about any vendor and it's only $25 shipped from Superior Shave, a true bargain.
:thumbup:

View attachment 150753

Last edited:
Some good ideas. Thanks for all the feedback. I am going to save the New idea and the Cooncat Bob purchase for a later day - I think that it requires a bit more buyer's input.

This seems like a great idea:thumbup::thumbup:
Without any doubt, I recommend the Merkur 1904 OC.

It is a work of art, drop dead nickel platted gorgeous and shaves like a dream. You'll forget about your other razors! You can order it from just about any vendor and it's only $25 shipped from Superior Shave, a true bargain.
:thumbup:
View attachment 150753

I have a fair collection of razors, but continually return to my Old Type Open Comb. For some reason I don't have a lot of open combs even though that Old Type has really become my most prized razor.

I never have any wants for my birthday or Christmas, but SWMBO is asking about what I would like. It is my birthday on March 21 (world end racism day) and I told her that I would love to add another open comb to the collection. She is buying herself some new soaps and a boar brush soon, so it should all work out.

The catch is that I am not sure what I should suggest to her. What do you think? - I don't really want to tell her an exact model, but would like to steer her towards an easily purchasable good open comb. :a37:

I would steer her toward $100 in a birthday card and buy your own open-comb NEW. If you can get your SWMNBO in one of those French Maid dresses with the short skirt and cleavage (and maybe a pair of handcuffs:lol:) for the night that would be icing on the cake!:thumbup:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
As recommended, Gillette NEW, that Mühle R41, or the Merkur 11C, all easily available and provide a nice shave.

Top Bottom