What's new

Merkur Moustache/beard razor

proxy.php

I saw this and I was wondering if anyone own/used one of those. What do you think of it? I am also curious to know how the blade looks like.

I've got a gold one I picked up off of ebay. The blade is designed just like the head. I've used it about a dozen times, but I prefer using my electric clipper.

Randy

I found this image, that answers one of my questions, the blade looks interesting. Looks like a handy tool to have!
proxy.php

I have one to trim my moustache, this style blade is very different in sharpness as compaired to other "normal double edge" blades.
Very dull, I don't use it any more it's very easy to cut your self with this blade because you bear down to hard. I wish someone other than Merkur would make blades for this razor. In no way am I saying that Merkur makes bad razor blades. Only in this style for the moustache trimmer razor.
I hate to say it because Merkur makes a good line of razors and blades.

Take care guys, Stanley

I need to use a lot of pressure to get the job done with this mini. I only use it in a blue moon and wouldn't replace it if it were lost, stolen, or broken.

==Tom

I have one as well...i tend to favor my electric trimmers over the merkur...although i get good results, i find that it is easier to turn on the trimmers and do my business in a few minutes as opposed to going through the whole lather ordeal for just the mustache area...I suppose if i trimmed my mustache at night when I wet shaved i would use the merkur...

After reading this thread I'm disheartened. I bought one of these two months ago when I bought my Merkur Futur from clasicshaving.com I'm a seasonal beard grower; most years anyway. If it is as bad as everyone says it is, it looks like I will be using my old Sensor this winter. Damn, I hate wasting money.

After reading this thread I'm disheartened. I bought one of these two months ago when I bought my Merkur Futur from clasicshaving.com I'm a seasonal beard grower; most years anyway. If it is as bad as everyone says it is, it looks like I will be using my old Sensor this winter. Damn, I hate wasting money.

It really is a waste.

==Tom

Top Bottom