What's new

For the first time in my life shaving is fun!

I used to just go nuts on my face with a Gillette fusion and be done with it in about 4 minutes or so. And of course I always had big, red, ugly bumps on my neck and it felt like crap. Then something happened. I found mantic59 on youtube and I was hooked right away. So I ordered a starters kit and i tried shaving the way I thought it was meant to be. Of course I messed up my neck sooo bad! So I found this forum and I asked for help. I got so many useful tips and it feels so much better already. All that's left is a little razor burn and some red follicles but compared to how it was before it's great!

My shaves aren't very close yet but I prefer to take it slow and try to improve a little for every shave.

Now what makes it fun? Well, first of all there's so much stuff! I have aquired 4 DE razors, 4 different shaving cremes and 2 soaps, 2 pre-shave oils and 2 after shave balms already. I also have 15 different brands of razor blades right now. It's crazy. Imagine how long it will take for me to try every single combination with just the stuff I have right now!

And then there is the challange! It's really hard to find the right angle, the right grip and the right touch and do everything perfect and that really motivates me.

And last it's the goal that I someday will find the perfect shave with no irritation, razor bumps or rough patches at all. Maybe it's just a dream for me but now when I got started I will never stop trying.

Thank you all at B&B forum for great advice and for welcoming me.

Yep after 30 years of shaving all of the great products out there have turned a boring gotta do task into a new adventure :thumbup1:

Thank you all at B&B forum for great advice and for welcoming me.

You are welcome from this B&B member.

I think fun is the big idea. If it is no fun, what is the point? There is a lot to explore, and a lot of fun to be found in the world of wet shaving, DE'ing and also with STR8's.

Enjoy!:thumbup:

It is amazing. I used to sigh and just put up with my morning shave. Now I find myself the night before thinking about what instruments and products I am going to use in the am. Sometimes I even pick them and lay them out just before going to bed. Now I enjoy every shave and more importantly, I really enjoy the time I use to shave!

I echo your thoughts... I used to look for any excuse to avoid shaving. I NEVER shaved on Saturdays unless I had a wedding or funeral. Now, I'd shave twice a day if I could!

Gotta agree with you here. I really enjoy my shaves now where in the past they were a pain in the ---! :mad3:

Getting into wet shaving has sure made a difference, and turned something that was looked down on, into something that is enjoyed. :w00t:

Glad to have you here. Yes, it seems as if mantic59 has been anointed as a prophet by the wet shaving gods. Keep learning from him and it will serve you well.

It's great to actually feel so much better about something you do regularly. It seems that you understand the challenge involved in getting better at this and that you are up to the task and excited about it. Bravo! Hang around here, learn more, and share your experiences as you take this journey. We are interested.

Fun is the #1 thing that needs to be in place for newbies to stick with this endeavor. For a while, your shaves won't be close or comfortable... but they should be fun right off the bat. That's how it was for me, and that's how I knew I'd stick with this through the rough patches. It was just too much fun to stop.

So congrats. You're definitely one of us already. Welcome to B&B!

Top Bottom