What's new

Worst song by a formerly good band

Sitting in McDonald's--I only eat at the finest establishments--I heard that old classic "We Built this City (on Rock and Roll)" and was again amazed at what became of Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship.

Can anyone name a worse song by a band that was originally good?

Sitting in McDonald's--I only eat at the finest establishments--I heard that old classic "We Built this City (on Rock and Roll)" and was again amazed at what became of Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship.

Can anyone name a worse song by a band that was originally good?

When I saw the title of your thread, I immediately heard "We Built This City" playing in my head. Click and there it is. That one will be hard to beat.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Sitting in McDonald's--I only eat at the finest establishments--I heard that old classic "We Built this City (on Rock and Roll)" and was again amazed at what became of Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship/Jefferson Wheelchair.

Ftfy.

When I saw the title of your thread, I immediately heard "We Built This City" playing in my head. Click and there it is. That one will be hard to beat.

I also immediately thought of this song on seeing the title of your post. It is kind of scary how similarly I seem to think to other B&Bers.

Anything Weezer released after Pinkerton. Went from endearing, unvarnished garage rock to soulless and banal prepackaged pop-punk tripe.

Well, I guess I'm still a little sore about it. :001_rolle

I don't remember exactly where I heard it, but recently I did listen to a radio or TV program that reported a poll result that named "we built this city" as the number 1 MOST ANNOYING song ever! Now, I was never a fan of JA, and I didn't particularly care for that song, but I can think of multitudes of more annoying songs. If you disagree with me, please give me call on my home phone @ 867 5309.

I don't remember exactly where I heard it, but recently I did listen to a radio or TV program that reported a poll result that named "we built this city" as the number 1 MOST ANNOYING song ever! Now, I was never a fan of JA, and I didn't particularly care for that song, but I can think of multitudes of more annoying songs. If you disagree with me, please give me call on my home phone @ 867 5309.

Jenny? Is that you?

Dude, tell me about it. HOW ON EARTH does the same band that wrote "White Rabbit" get to "We Built This City..."-terrain?

I swear, volumes could be written trying to chart that progression.

Sadly, I can think of a few other bands that, uh, 'fell from former glory.'

U2, anyone? Jay-zuss....:bored:
Oh, and The Cure - "Friday I'm in Love" makes me want to claw out my own eardrums!

Last edited:
Great. Now I've got "We Built This City" in my head. Nice job, guys.

I feel ya bro. My wife does that to me almost daily. She starts off by saying something like "I've got that damn <insert name of horrible pop song here> song stuck in my head!"
And then, of course, she proceeds to start singing it.

Ah. Marital bliss.:blush:

Dude, tell me about it. HOW ON EARTH does the same band that wrote "White Rabbit" get to "We Built This City..."-terrain?

My guess would be fewer and/or lower quality narcotics. :lol:

Beerman

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member

I swear, volumes could be written trying to chart that progression.

Sadly, I can think of a few other bands that, uh, 'fell from former glory.'

U2, anyone? Jay-zuss....:bored:
Oh, and The Cure - "Friday I'm in Love" makes me want to claw out my own eardrums!

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead, and the white night is talking backwards and the red queen is off with her head. Remember what the door mouse said......Feed your head.

Some of that may have gotten them from White Rabbit to We Built This City. Also the fact that Paul Kantner was not a part of Starship did not help either.

Top Bottom