What's new

American Pickers, Pawn Stars, or Antiques Roadshow?

American Pickers, Pawn Stars, or Antiques Roadshow?

• American Pickers

• Antiques Roadshow

• Pawn Stars

Results are only viewable after voting.
Which is your favorite?

Of the three, I like American Pickers best. To me, the appeal lies with all the strange and wonderful characters we get to see who have been collecting all the stuff that the hosts pick through. My favorite is that guy who built an entire small town starting from old buildings which he salvaged from tear down status and then stocked with good quality or restored period items.

I watch all three regularly, but Pawn Stars is my favorite. Chumlee cracks me up. AP is a close second though. AR is..... well, it's AR.

Pawn Stars, I like how the show moves and Chum-Lee is always getting into some kind of trouble. I like American Pickers but sometimes two men and a truck gets repetitive.

I like all three, but American Pickers is my favorite. I think it's cool that some of the stuff they find is given new life, whereas it would've been forgotten otherwise.

Pawn Stars b/c Chumlee is,... well, "special" and I live to see the guys taken advantage of by fakes (which is rare) and bad buys when they're so good at taking advantage of others (grated, that's the nature of the biz).

Antiques is too slow paced and Pickers is pretty much the same show every week.

Both shows are in my DVR - but Pickers comes first. When watching Pickers you feel as if you're right there on the hunt with those two. Some in my family think they're sleaze for low balling the people they're buying from - but you gotta make a buck. Good for them.

#1 = Pawn Stars....the chemistry between the crew is perfect.
#2 = American Pickers....Laurel & Hardy in a Mercedes van.
#3 = Antiques Roadshow....the ultimate reality show.

Pawn Stars - the best of them but Rick laughing after at everything he says tends to get old

American Pickers - the 2 guys overact and think they are hilarious, but have yet to ever say or do anything remotely funny. Won't watch it.

Roadshow - For some reason when I watch it I feel like I should 65 years old with Lawrence Welk playing in the background. I do like it though because each piece is described by an expert in the field pertaining to the piece.

#1 = Pawn Stars....the chemistry between the crew is perfect.
#2 = American Pickers....Laurel & Hardy in a Mercedes van.
#3 = Antiques Roadshow....the ultimate reality show.

+1 but minus actual comedy.

Pawn Stars - the best of them but Rick laughing after at everything he says tends to get old

American Pickers - the 2 guys overact and think they are hilarious, but have yet to ever say or do anything remotely funny. Won't watch it.

Roadshow - For some reason when I watch it I feel like I should 65 years old with Lawrence Welk playing in the background.

:yesnod:

Bonus points if you're low-rank British aristocracy on top of it.

I don't know what it is about these shows that make them fun to watch (well, excepting Antiques Roadshow perhaps). Interesting characters, good editing, the element of surprise? I can get sucked into similar offerings as well, like Oddities, Storage Wars and Auction Kings. It's a phenomenon.

I prefer Antiques Road Show because the genuine shock in people's faces when they find out what they have is valuable. Plus, hearing the experts talk about each item is very cool.

I watch more Pawn Stars though. It does drive me crazy when they work Subway into the show though. They aren't very good at it yet.

Cheers,

Tons

Top Bottom