What's new

CVS brand single edge blades: are they TREETs?

Last week I found a GEM G-bar and bought one pack each of the GEM/Personna blades (Walgreen) and the TREET SE Blades (Rite Aid).

So far I've used one of the GEM/Personna blades but was not impressed (but could also be because it's the first time I used that razor).

Everybody seems to like the TREET blades (which I'll try next).

Today I stopped by a CVS and noticed their brand of SE Blades and from the number code on top of the blades they appear to be TREET blades rebranded for CVS. They're also 3.99/10 which is a dollar less than TREET SE blades from Rite Aid.

Does anyone use these CVS blades? Opinions?

I love the CVS blades. For me they are smooth and deliver three close shaves. Though being carbon steel, it`s important to remove them from the razor, dry them off, and set them aside until the next use.

I have no idea if they are Treets, but I use the CVS blades regularly and they do give a fine shave.

There are many different blades that wear that same number code. I haven't used Treets but PAL's also wear the same code, yet they are blued carbon steel. Makes me wonder how similar all of these blades really are.

Last edited:
I have not used Treets. But I do have the CVS blades. Both are labeled 009 RD if I'm not mistaken. So I would say they are the same brand. Now are they the same blade? Not sure. The CVS blades are carbon steel, and the Rite-Aid treets are carbon stell also, I believe. If so they are the same, but I know Treet also makes a stainless blade, so you'd have to check and see what you have.

I have not used Treets. But I do have the CVS blades. Both are labeled 009 RD if I'm not mistaken. So I would say they are the same brand. Now are they the same blade? Not sure. The CVS blades are carbon steel, and the Rite-Aid treets are carbon stell also, I believe. If so they are the same, but I know Treet also makes a stainless blade, so you'd have to check and see what you have.

The code 009 RD is on many blades, not just on Treet. IIRC 009 stands for the thickness of the blade. SE blades come in 009 en 010 thickness. We always use the 009 ones. Do not know what RD means.

The side of the gray plastic case they come in says American Safety Razor Co. Not sure which others also come in that case.

They are fine blades, I had a shave with one last night.

The side of the gray plastic case they come in says American Safety Razor Co.

Same blades and case as Gem blades. I use the Gems, they seem fine. I got eight shaves off the last blade. I have some CVS blades unopened as of yet. I bought them on sale for $3.49, darn good price for 10 blades.

Top Bottom