What's new

Now here is something you don't see everyday...

Couple of things that tickle my fancy here.

- at $1.79 retail, they're cheaper than the preceding model, the "Gillette 195"
- assuming that the wholesale price at the time would have been about $1.00 each or $6.00 for the box, what's the return on investment over 50 years?

We're crazy collectors. We pay the price for those things and love every bit of it. Admit it. you love opening that box and looking at each one of those beauties. If you didn't you wouldn't have bought it!

Great score at any price! :thumbup1:

Dude, I'll give you $17.90 for one of those...that's a 10X markup, you can't beat that! Tell you what, I'll take 2, because I'm such a nice guy.

Dude, I'll give you $17.90 for one of those...that's a 10X markup, you can't beat that! Tell you what, I'll take 2, because I'm such a nice guy.

That beats my offer. I was going to double up at $3.58. :lol::lol::lol:

That, GreekGuy, is a great score. Congrats

Where in the world...is that an Ebay find? What do you intend to do with them?

Find one more and you can have a seven day set of Slims!:thumbup:

Plus, I guess we're all dying to know what the seller's "homework" cost you.

Amazing that one could still find such a stash . . . Congrats!! :thumbup1:

What does one do with enough NOS razors for six lifetimes??

Haha, thanks guys!

I'm actually a little embarrassed to admit how much I paid for them. I tried to do a little homework to guestimate their value, but its difficult. You see mint razors fairly regularly, but not still sealed like this. But I know you are a good group of guys, and I can fend the ensuing criticism. I paid $300 a piece for them. Which, obviously is a lot of money. Is it too much? I really don't know. I honestly think that if they went to auction individually they would fetch more than that. I don't need 6 of them, but I think there is a premium value to owning a complete set like this.

As far as the date code, I don't know if there is a way to tell without opening up the package. I can't see from the outside. And as much as I would love to know what it felt like to use a totally new slim, I'm not sure if it's worth $100 or more for the NOS experience.

Razor prices haven't been getting any cheaper. I figure worst case scenario, I could trade them for some stuff on my wish list, but as of now I haven't decided what to do. A seller I bought from in the past contacted me and said "hey, I found these, do you want them?" I didn't have a whole lot of time to decide, but I just couldn't turn down the opportunity, even if it cost 2 arms and a leg. I'm not sure how many of the guys on the forum collect NOS razors, but I have the feeling they are significantly more expensive and hard to find than mint examples.

In any case, I think it's a beautiful set. And you can imagine how giddy I was to open up the package and see those 6 razors sitting in there. I've never seen a package like this, as it would have looked when it showed up to a local drugstore 50 years ago.

good price for future sales, they will sky rocket just be patient and if you want you can get your profit of atleast a few hundred dollars which is a better yeild than any stock or bank investment of a few years.

Thanks Alex! It's too bad gillette isn't making them anymore. They just give me such a nostalgic feeling to see the case in particular. It would be incredible to crack one open to shave with it, but alas, my other razors (and my pocket) beg to differ

Top Bottom