What's new

Ogallala Bay Rum, from Ogallala, Nebraska

I've only started an interest in straight razors since Feb 8, about 1 month ago. What I found interesting is that I grew up close by Ogallala, NE, in the town of Oshkosh, NE. I've gone to Ogallala countless times, been to Front Street, seen Boot Hill (cemetery) but until now, I never knew there was a company in Ogallala that was selling shaving products. Sometimes in your own back yard. I can't tell you I know what Bay Rum smells like, but it was one of the favorites of the cowboys of long ago and even recent I guess.

All the movies I went to see in Ogallala, the groceries I bought, the folks I know, and some are kin, I never even guessed that there wold be something in the shaving world that others, like you all, have heard and tried. It must be good, or I wouldn't see so many examples on all the great shaving forums.

I probably will have to find some and try for myself.

Ogallala is great stuff, check out their sampler packages of shave soaps and aftershaves. For $20.00 plus shipping you can pretty much try everything they sell :thumbup1:

Ogallala is available from their own website or from a few of our favorite online vendors (West Coast Shaving, Bullgoose Shaving, etc.)

Yes, you should really try their sample pack of aftershaves. The "Sandalwood" and the "Sage and Cedar" are my favorite. GREAT stuff!

If you order it from ogallala bay rum website, John will always throw in something extra. Sometimes it's a full sized item, not a sample. :)

Good stuff right there!

If i lived where they produced some of the best shave items around,I'd end up with a restraining order!:lol::lol:

marty

Top Bottom