What's new

Antique store finds - Help please

I stopped in an antique store today. He had a Kris Kross blade sharpener (with the case and instructions, though they are in rough shape). He had a Gillette OC in the case with a blade holder. I think this type of handle is called "ABC", but I don't know. It is ok mechanically, but has several tarnished areas. Last, he had a Ronson razor. The case says "Shaves and Sharpens" on it. It is in mint shape. Also, it has a Ronson blade in it (in great shape) and another one in the blade holder which is still in the wrapper.

So, I'm asking for help in valuing these. He is asking $25 for the Kris Kross; $35 for the Gillette; and $50 for the Ronson. Those prices seem a little high, but that's why I'm asking for input.

Thanks

The KK is worthless

The gillette is a steal, worth $100 cleaned up

The ronson is on the high side

+1. I've got a Kriss Kross I got in a job lot.
useless things, nothing more than decoration.
You can pick them up from ebay for cheap.

Yep, go for the Gillette ABC Pocket Edition. Looks to be in good shape. And $35 is a good price for it. That's a very nice find.

The Ronson would be worth considering if you collect razors and like it for that, but at $50 it's definitely on the high side. It's possible it could be used for shaving, but hard to know how much work might be required to bring it up to speed.

Blade sharpeners aren't worth anything, unless it's something you want in a collection.

(Just my humble opinion.)

I would pass on the KK, buy the Gillette, and point out to him that the Ronson takes propriety blades and offer him $35 for it.

Thanks for all the input. I'll get the Gillette. The Kris Kross would be nice for decoration, but I'd want to get it cheaper. The Ronson is in great shape, but I don't have any interest in something that takes proprietary blades (unless he would come down enough for me to resale it).

ABC all the way. They are beautiful works of art. Why can't I ever find those kinds of things? If I had walked in ten minutes after you it would be gone, so get back to that shop, man!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Definitely the ABC you do not see a lot of the flowers. Or at least I have not. I would buy the Ronson if you can get him down to $20.00 or below.

Top Bottom