What's new

1st Open Comb SE shave!!! BBS!!!!!!!!!!!

ERIC V & ZIGAR 01.....My hat's off to you gents. My crazy razor rash was caused I THINK by not having a wet enough lather AT THE END of the shave and applying TOO much pressure in the buffering phase.
I used a GEM Micromatic SE razor last time.

THIS TIME....as in 5 minutes ago I shaved with my GEM 1912 Open Comb SE varitey razor. 1st time EVER with an open comb. I am STILL in disbelief and PLEASED to report that this is the SECOND PERFECT SHAVE I've had in this being my 1st week & 1/2 in the DE/SE shave. I have ZERO irritation & burn. Things I did different'y than last time.

Used the SLIGHTEST touch in my WTG, XTG, ATG passes. I made sure to add a touch of water to my bowl and REMIX the lather. THEN used an EVEN LIGHTER touch in the buffering. B to the B to the S SHAVE!!! I am in disbelief!!! a few weepers, but they went away in the rinse. I used thayer's cucmber witch hazel, let that soak in, then Pinaud Clubman Original aftershave. Cream was my vanderwilliams grated mash & mold. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!

SO FAR, the razors that have produced the BEST results for me have been the Merkur 34C & the GEM 1912. My technique has been the best it ever was using both razors, so now I have to apply that with the EJ89L, Gem Micromatic, & Gillette superspeed. AWESOME shave. Out of maybe 8 shaves in the past wk 1/2, this is the second BBS flawless shave I've had yet. SO. I have learned GENTLE TOUCH...FOR GOD SAKES BE GENTLE! THEY'RE NOT KIDDING!!! You also have to be TWICE as gentle on the buffer. ANOTHER thing I learned about my hair growth is that no matter what, I will always feel what feels like a rough patch on the neck on either side of the adam's apple. DERMATOLOGY QUESTiON: Is it possible for a hair follicle to completely turn inside out in the shave? It MUST if I'm STILL feeling the rough patch & after witch hazel & aftershave have been applied, it feels BBS!!!....it's misleading!!!! ANYWAY....JUST 5 minutes ago, a BBS took place in my house & in the wet shave world.

Equipment used: Vanderwilliams franken soap, Parker silvertip, Gem 1912, GEM SE blade, Thayer's Cucumber Witch Hazel, Pinaud CLubman original.

THANK you to you two gents!!! those 2 tips made the difference tonight!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Top Bottom