What's new

Little guys need love too!

With the recent and not so recent draw to razors like The Fat Boy, Bull Mastiff, The President, Aristocratic, Darwin, ect.

It is now time to show off your little guys!! Show those "Big Boys" the pocket, travel, portable razors are here as well.

Simple rules, Show off any Vest pocket, travel, portable razor no matter who is the maker, just no standard full sized razors.

Here is my recent pick up:

A German Pocket/travel open comb. I shaved with it today, and it is a very very mild shaver (it would be a 2-3 on my super adjustable). A little to mild for my tastes, but it should be perfect for camping/hiking when I want something compact and light.

Nice examples...Love um.

Let keep it up...I would have to have the largest showing of these little guys here.

Aw! so cute!!! :tongue_sm

I really don't see the point in travel razors, "big" razors are pretty darned small. they slip un-noticed into most any luggage. No matter how many pictures I see of safety razors, I never cease to overestimate their size until I see them in person. When I got my first Fat Boy, I was like THIS is the big bad Fatboy? The slim actually takes up more space. So when I see miniature ones I wonder what they're needed for. Seems like making them smaller than the average 3.25"x1.75" is a solution in search of a problem.

P

Pjotr

Aw! so cute!!! :tongue_sm

I really don't see the point in travel razors, "big" razors are pretty darned small. they slip un-noticed into most any luggage. No matter how many pictures I see of safety razors, I never cease to overestimate their size until I see them in person. When I got my first Fat Boy, I was like THIS is the big bad Fatboy? The slim actually takes up more space. So when I see miniature ones I wonder what they're needed for. Seems like making them smaller than the average 3.25"x1.75" is a solution in search of a problem.

Well what you're saying is true but it's always nice to see something engineered to go smaller. And if, like me, you like to take multiple razors/brushes on a trip (why after all would you leave the results of all these ADs at home) you do need the space in your average toiletry bag. To my knowledge this is as small as it gets with SEs. Just a slightly shorter handle! Seeing those nice little DE travel razors almost makes me regret being an SE shaver.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
proxy.php

proxy.php

I've got a couple of those little German travel razors, the best looking one having the Lunawerk brand. The obligatory Travel Tech, with case. Then there's this Bigelow Parkin. Just the right size to fold up and fit in a Mini-Leatherman sheath. Haven't shaved with it, either, but I'll get to them all in time.

proxy.php

Nice collection. I have the Merkur travel DE's in both OC and safety bar. Both break down into a very small leather pouch, are great for travel, and give excellent shaves. :w00t: :thumbup1:

Not as impressive as you guys, but I've got a 60's Tech. Was NOS for $6 with case and original blade. Going out of town this weekend and will give a a try.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Doug -

That's pretty cool looking. Do you know approximately what year it was made it looks very 1940-50'S to me, but what do I know?
J1 -- 1964, First quarter USA, leatherette case made in Austria

Ok, here are a couple of my little guys. And some little gals too.

:blush: ...and...I could possibly benefit from a photography class...

Top Bottom