What's new

New kid in town

Hi guys..I just wanted to check in and say hey. I'm brand new to wet shaving and Im hooked(hence why I am here). I posted a thread in probably the wrong place, but I figure I would get more feed back here in this thread.
My original post was in regards to buying a new brush. I was offered an Art of Shaving Silvertip for 60 bucks slightly used. Not sure if I want a used brush, so my other thoughts were going to be a vulfix 404, Edwin Jagger Best or Rooney 3/1 super(reach, but read so many good comments on this). Wanted to hear what you all had to say.

Welcome to B&B!

The Jagger is a good brush, but if budget allows I would get the Rooney. You can buy it from vintage blades. They occasionally come up on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum here, too.

Welcome to B & B. If you check BST you will find several silver tip brushes a guy made and is seling for $45. He had 5, 2 left. Hard to beat hat

I constantly referred to this blog as I was considering brush choices. The best all around value brush seems to be Savile Row. WCS offers a 10% discount on Simpson brushes with the BANDB code. Simpsons are great brushes also! Vulfix are wonderful brushes also.

I have a used AOS brush. Not a silvertip, but not recommended. BTW, I bought quite a few used brushes after buying quite a few new.

Have fun with your search and purchase!

I constantly referred to this blog as I was considering brush choices. The best all around value brush seems to be Savile Row. WCS offers a 10% discount on Simpson brushes with the BANDB code. Simpsons are great brushes also! Vulfix are wonderful brushes also.

I have a used AOS brush. Not a silvertip, but not recommended. BTW, I bought quite a few used brushes after buying quite a few new.

Have fun with your search and purchase!

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated

Top Bottom