What's new

A Brief Report On Mystic Water Soaps Shampoo Bar

Good evening chaps. I wanted to pass along my initial experience with Mystic Water Soap shampoo bar. I acquired a sample of this last week and had to wait a bit to use it. I had a horrid cold/flu last week and could not smell or taste anything and I did not want that to affect how I perceived the scent of this soap. Besides, when you are ill things just do not go so well when try to investigate new products. It is just no fun.

Now to it. This is a great smelling soap that was securely covered in cling wrap with a nice legible label with ingredients and the company name and contact information on it. Pretty nice for a trial sized product.

Ingredients: Olive oil, distilled water, Castor oil, Coconut oil, Shea fruit butter, Sodium Hydroxide, Marshmallow root and leaf, Honey, Lavender oil, Rosemary leaf oil, Orange peel oil, Ylang Ylang flower oil, Argan nut oil, Silk

That is a nice lists of ingredients. And I must comment on the orange scent. Notice the ingredient list? It lists orange peel oil. I do not know if most citrus essential oils are harvested from the leaves, buds, or the peels but I like how this smells. I think this must be a key ingredient in most Eau de Portugal type scents because it comes across that way. At least to me. You can of course smell the rosemary and lavender as well and the combination of these with the orange peel is VERY nice. I like it a lot.

Lets get right to it. How does it work? Pretty well. It does not quite explode with lather like the Liggett's. That should not be taken to mean it does not lather well or is hard to lather. It lathers fine, just not as voluminously as the Liggett's. And it does not need to. It washed fine and rinsed easily. And most importantly it did not feel as if it stripped my hair and scalp dry nor does it feel like my hair weighted down with unnecessary unsaponifiied oils. My hair was soft and manageable and smelled good to boot and the smell was understated as well.

To me it is obvious this soap is made by some who knows what they are doing. Now I know better than to make snap judgments after a use or two but this is certainly worth investigating. Give them shout at Mystic Water.

Regards, Todd

I'm glad you're liking it so far. I have been using this bar for months now, and I still love it.

eyebright's leave-in hair oil conditioner is also awesome. You put about 2-3 drops on your fingers and work it into your hair and your hair becomes really soft without being oily at all. It's really awesome stuff.

You're welcome guys. I really hope this works out. It seems to be a great product and I will post another update later as well.

Regards, Todd

Orange, Lemon, Mandarin as well as other citrus essential oils are all expressed from the skins of the fruit. I love them!

Great report!

Top Bottom