What's new

Sample Blade PIF (1 of each) for Vinyl Lovers

brucered

System Generated
I have about 20 (currently 22) different blade packs that I'm not really using. So rather then you having to go out and buy a 100 blade sampler, I'll offer 1 of each blade that I have for you to try.

Qualifications:
Joined Before March 01, 2011
Open to US and CAD
Please post a picture of your Turntable if you have one (you do not need to post a picture to enter).
Reply stating "Spin The Black Circle"
If you have tried a blade sampler, please leave it for those who haven't.

Good Luck. Cut off for entries is midnight March 16th, 2011.

Here are my 2 main TT's. The Dual 505, which I got for $20 from a lady at work (Thanks Joen) sits in our living room and the Technics SL-1200MKII, which I got off kijiji, near mint, sits in our rec-room. I've added a KAB supermat and KAB threaded record clamp to the 1200. Love both of them.

Last edited:
I'm always Spinning the Black Circle!!!! Love vinyl.

Here's a pic of my rig as of last year right after I finished renovating my room. Haven't taken any new pics since then. It's an old Technics linear tracker sitting on top of the CDP. Need to upgrade to the SOTA I've been drooling over.

Please include me in your sample blade PIF!!!!

proxy.php

Spin The Black Circle

I've never tried any of the blades in your sampler
Sorry i don't have a picture of my record player, but it needs a new needle at the moment.

Spin The Black Circle

Sorry, I don't have a turntable anymore. We sold it at a yard sale many years ago.

I'm always Spinning the Black Circle!!!! Love vinyl.

Here's a pic of my rig as of last year right after I finished renovating my room. Haven't taken any new pics since then. It's an old Technics linear tracker sitting on top of the CDP. Need to upgrade to the SOTA I've been drooling over.

Please include me in your sample blade PIF!!!!

proxy.php

VERY impressive

Spin the Black Circle.

I don't have a record player, but I do have some old records from the 1920's. PM forthcoming with name and address. Thanks for the PIF offer.

VERY impressive

Thanks! Audio is a hobby as well, although I do more DIY stuff than buy manufactured. It's not nearly where I want it to be yet, but I have high hopes for an open baffle speaker design that should be finished late this spring, a preamp I'm in the process of building, and a Diytube ST35 I need to finish. Unfortuntately RAD keeps getting in the way!

But what I really need is a good turntable to go with the Seduction pre.

Last edited:
I Spin the Black Circle on a stock Rega P3/RB300 tonearm, currently with a Grado Platinum MM cartridge (although I hope to get my vintage Denon DL103D retipped this year). It runs through a Plinius Jarrah phono pre into a single-ended pentode EL34 tube amp that puts out a whopping 9 wpc. Speakers are single driver Omegas with a Yamaha sub for the bass. I have a 13 by 10 listening room, so 9 watts is plenty. I have a CD player with a tubed output, too -- sounds nice -- but gimme vinyl any day of the week.

No need for a sampler. But it's always good to talk vinyl.

best,
Mike

I Spin the Black Circle on a stock Rega P3/RB300 tonearm, currently with a Grado Platinum MM cartridge (although I hope to get my vintage Denon DL103D retipped this year). It runs through a Plinius Jarrah phono pre into a single-ended pentode EL34 tube amp that puts out a whopping 9 wpc. Speakers are single driver Omegas with a Yamaha sub for the bass. I have a 13 by 10 listening room, so 9 watts is plenty. I have a CD player with a tubed output, too -- sounds nice -- but gimme vinyl any day of the week.

No need for a sampler. But it's always good to talk vinyl.

best,
Mike

P3's are good decks for sure. Have you tried running your EL34 in pentode instead of triode strapped? People freak out at the mere mention of only 9 watts. My 1626 puts out a whopping 0.75 watts and can go loud enough with several pairs of my speakers.

P3's are good decks for sure. Have you tried running your EL34 in pentode instead of triode strapped? People freak out at the mere mention of only 9 watts. My 1626 puts out a whopping 0.75 watts and can go loud enough with several pairs of my speakers.

It's amazing the sound and sound levels you can get from those "under-powered" amps ... I really like the sound I get from mine, the Omegas are pretty efficient, so I can listen at really loud levels with the volume dial barely half way up ...

brucered

System Generated
some nice rigs being posted and some nice pics. one day i'll get a room set up and get a couple of turntables hooked up so i can choose which one i want to listen too, without having to choose which floor of my house i want to be on, and just sit back and listen.

and for those of who how sold your turntables at garage sales or got rid of them, shame on you. i am currently "shaking my fist at you" :001_huh:

i found a couple of other blades to sample as well, so the total is up to 22 different.

Spin The Black Circle!

nice looking turntables all. i have a few buddies who are big into vinyl, they're rubbing off on me!

Spin The Black Circle. Here is my submission. It's a 60's console record player given to me by my father-in-law that still has the old tube technology, very warm sound, you just have to let it warm up:001_smile. Since acquiring it, my teenage daughter has become almost as obsessed with vinyl as I currently am with razors. Please count me in.

Not interested in the PIF (thanks, anyway!), but I really like old (and not so old) vinyl and turntables.

Here's my current table (but not my picture) that I bought new in 1978:

proxy.php

I've replaced one belt and have another for a spare, but it seems to be hanging in there.

Both my sons have gotten into classical and jazz music and old vinyl. At least I did something right with them! :001_smile

Top Bottom