What's new

Booster Classic!! Which One??

Hey there,

I am thinking about getting some booster classics but not too sure which one to get. I already have the polar ice one and it works great, but the smell is more an acquired taste. I do not hate it, but will take some time to getting use to. Kind of like beer when the first time you had it.

The other ones i have no clue what they smell like. I like sweets smell, fruity and a bit of spicy. Musky is not my thing.

Which three would you recommend?

Hey there,

I am thinking about getting some booster classics but not too sure which one to get. I already have the polar ice one and it works great, but the smell is more an acquired taste. I do not hate it, but will take some time to getting use to. Kind of like beer when the first time you had it.

The other ones i have no clue what they smell like. I like sweets smell, fruity and a bit of spicy. Musky is not my thing.

Which three would you recommend?

I really like Mosswood. BTW, you can get sample at Shoebox Shaving.

Mosswood and Oriental Spice are two that I'd highly recommend. I have Lilac and June Clover coming soon, can't wait to try them ;-)

I had ordered a sampler some time back, (which I strongly recommend) there are now two regular sized bottles of June Clover and Oriental Spice in the den. Fine stuff, reasonably priced.

I just finished going through my sample pack from Shoebox. I definitely suggest getting the samples. Some scents I liked and some I didn't. There were even a couple I thought I would like and didn't. Out of the eight samples, I really liked three: Jickey, June Clover, and Polar Ice. Now, I have to decide which one to get.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Kicking up an older thread as I'm starting to look at Booster with interest. I'm currently in the 'acquiring all the possible information' at the moment. It will take me a while before I buy a bottle and I know that getting a sampler would be best but, I'm not there yet.

Wiki has the review pages all linked: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php?title=Booster

I can assume that all Booster AS work the same, the scent/colour is the only difference?

Lime is the only one I've tried, but it's one of my favorite AS. Smell is nice and it fades fast so it doesn't intrude on any other scent.

I have the Iced Lime, Oriental Spice, Mosswood and Jickey.

Yes, they all act the same on the face (at least on my face.) Be aware that the ingredients of these is water, alcohol, fragrance and coloring. Period.

The Jickey is my favorite - light and "open," different than anything else. The Lime is a very sweet lime - reminds me of a sno-cone. The Mosswood is in the English Leather universe. It doesn't smell like English Leather but it's in that spectrum. The Oriental Spice reminds me of a weak Clubman with a citrus on top.

These all fade away within the hour on my face. But at $8.50 to $11 depending on where you get them, they are a good deal.

I also bought the sampler set and do recommend that you try that. From what I learned from the samplers I ended up buying the full size bottles of Polar Ice, Iced Lime, and Island Bay Rum.

As is stated above the Iced Lime and Island Bay Rum list only water, alcohol, fragrance, and color as ingredients, but the Polar Ice also lists Glycerin and Menthol.

Top Bottom