What's new

Yet another new person

Just wanted to say hello. Like many before me, I'm just another man looking for a better way of shaving than the commercial 4+ blade yank and slashfest.

For years I hated shaving. My cartridge and can goop always left me very dry and very unsatisfied with its results. Often I would go days even weeks from even attempting to shave because I just hated how dry and and rough my face felt even after I just hacked at it. If I were to go over it again I would break out from razor burn. Ouch!

Then one day I was browsing the web and I came upon the concept of wet shaving. Intrigued, I went surfing the web looking for more information; which is how I came upon B & B. So after viewing some videos on Youtube and surfing this wonderful board for information I decided to take the plunge.

As I wait in excitement for my new "toys" to arrive I just wanted to say thanks for such a wonderful place of information.

Here is the list of items I purchased for my very first DE shave:

Edwin Jagger De89L
Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger Shaving Brush
West Coast Shaving Everything Sample pack
Proraso Shaving Cream
Tabac Original Shaving Soap with Bowl
Alum Block
Styptic Pencil
Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm

Welcome to B&B!

Wow, that's quite the haul! You've got some fantastic stuff there :thumbup1: every new shaver would be overjoyed to be able to have that set. Let us know how it works out for you!

Welcome,

Being a newbie as well, I know what it's like taking the plunge but you won't regret it, I'm having the best and closest shaves ever.
Ohh and btw my 1st buy was the the EJ 89, you really can't go far wrong with it, I'm using it with derby blades at the moment which are just fine for my newbie style:001_smile

Welcome aboard B&B. Hope you enjoy the ride. Looks like a really nice kit.

Patience and practice will pay off with better and better shaves. Good luck.

Here is the list of items I purchased for my very first DE shave:

Edwin Jagger De89L
Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger Shaving Brush
West Coast Shaving Everything Sample pack
Proraso Shaving Cream
Tabac Original Shaving Soap with Bowl
Alum Block
Styptic Pencil
Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm

Wow, you sure do jump in with both feet! That's a great brush, and the rest is good stuff too. Welcome!

(edit) So, when does your Dirty Bird scuttle arrive? :-D

Top Bottom