What's new

Educate me, please

God, I love the letter carrier. This arrived today. What information can you give me about this Ever-Ready razor? What is the model name? Years of manufacture?

It's very much like other Gem & Star razors except the door on this one pivots from the front. Weird. Pardon my lousy camera.

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an Ever-Ready 1924. 1924 was the patent date, but it was manufactured for some years after that. Someone else may be able to give you a more specific range. Some have the patent date on the inside of the head, mine just says "Patent applied for".

Uses standard SE blades, and is a good shaver.

This is perfect! I received the same razor over the weekend (different handle, though), and was about to post a thread asking the same thing. Thanks, B&B!

nice,tell us how it shaves :thumbup1:

Nowhere near as good as the OCMM or the 1912. It's quite a mild razor. I had trouble finding the angle. I really have to try it a few mire times to make up my mind.

But it sure is pretty.

I agree, that is one fine shaver. I prefer it to the SphincterMatics. There are two kinds, one as shown, with the extended post under the head for the handle to screw into, and one where the handle just screws into the head. I think the one pictured is the slightly milder of the two.

I'll shave with it again tomorrow. I'll see if I can get the angle right. The first shave with a new razor usually isn't my best.

The instructions for these razors does show a steeper angle than most other other SEs. However, most people seem not to shave with an SE razor head flat to against the face anyway.

The 1924 has become my go-to razor lately. I get better shaves, more consistently, with it than my other SE razors.
I lay the head flat to the face then back off slightly, you'll hear it sing when you have the right angle.
I have noticed that if I go brain dead and accidentally apply any pressure it does not shave nearly as well.
I don't get cuts or nicks, mind you, it just doesn't whack the whiskers very well if I go brain dead and use pressure.
The 1924 consistently gives me a better shave around the adam's apple, and the rest of my neck, than any other razor (SE, DE, or cartridge) that I own.

I used the 1924 with a Walgreens GEM blade this morning for the first time, and my second SE shave (my first was with the G-bar). As usual, I hadn't shaved over the weekend, so I had a fair bit of growth. The razor was noisy as hell, and sliced the hair beautifully. I had zero irritation post-shave.

This might easily become my go-to razor. But first, to try the GEM 1912 that's in the mail...

As usual for me, the second shave was much better than the first, a DFS. I did my usual two passes. A third was necessary to get the results I wanted. Plus the usual touch ups.

This was under $24, cased and shipped. I call that a bargain for such a shiney, classy razor.

Top Bottom